eighteen

"You look fine, stop!" I fixed Knoxs' coat and pulled his tie down. He kept looking in the mirror, now touching his hair. I parted it as usual but did it a bit different. It looked nice. I slapped his hand away, "stop touching my masterpiece!"

"Ugh, alright sorry. I'm just nervous." He sat the comb down on my sink. We were in the bathroom in my room.

I walked out and looked at the clock. It was going on 8. I grabbed my robe and sat it on my bed. I still had some time before I was leaving and didn't wanna wear it out in the halls and look suspicious. We had a meeting later.

"Okay you better get going," he smiled nervously at me.

"I'm gonna throw up. I look bad and I'm too nervous." He walked towards the door and took a step back.

I stepped forward. "You do not! Stop being hard on yourself. Remember to be sweet and don't over do it."

He nodded and still seemed worried.

"Come on." I grabbed his hand and led him down the hall.

The guys were all hanging out in Neil and Todd's room.

I moved Knox in front. "Now everyone, doesn't Knox look wonderful?" I gave them a serious look.

They all looked up, they sat down their cards. "Yes! Wow!"

"Great actually!"

"Yeah, you clean up nice man!"

I smiled at them and gave Knox a reassuring nod.

"All right I'll see you guys later," he stepped out and turned to me another time. "Oh, and thank you. Be safe tonight." He gave me a kiss on the forehead.

I smiled. "I will." I pushed him out the door. I looked to the guys and they were playing cards. "Where's Charlie?"

Meeks looked up, "Not sure he said he'd be at the meeting."

I sat down on the edge of the bed. Cameron looked around. "He said he was going to town,"

They all seemed occupied so I got up. It was almost lights out and I wanted to get cleaned up a little.

"I'll see you guys in a bit." With that I walked out the door.

+

We were currently sitting at the meeting. Charlie still hadn't shown up. I was sitting next to Neil. He had his flashlight in his hands and one of his arms was behind me, holding my waist.

Meeks was reading from the book. "To live deep and suck out all the marrow of life. To put to rout all that was not life"

There was a girls laughter from outside the cave. Knox and Chris? He wouldn't. Meeks stopped reading.

"Oh, my God!" Cameron stood up.

A girl entered she was wearing shiny red. "Is this it?"

I heard Charlie's voice a few steps behind her. My cheeks got red. He really brought girls. That's where he's been?
"Yeah, this is it. Go ahead, go on in. It's my cave. Watch your step."