twenty three

I walk into my room, shutting the door behind me. I throw my coat over my desk and slip off my heels.

I go to the bathroom and wash off my makeup, and change into some shorts and a long sleeve shirt.

The moon is the only light shining through the window, it's shining extra bright it feels. It makes me think of Neil. One of my favorite memories of ours.

He looked up. "Okay."

I looked down as he stared at me. "Okay, next one," I skimmed through. "How do you know when you're in love?"

He looked out the window and closed his eyes. Thinking. I admired his features. His eyes were stern. He pursed his lips. He had his glasses on. I loved his glasses.

Well," he shuffled in his seat. "It's like when I'm with her, I'm in a movie. Or like, when I look at her, everyone else disappears. It's like getting struck by lightning and not getting burned." I look up, his face so close. He sounded so sure of his response. It was attractive.

"Neil?"

He continued to look at my face. He seemed to be admiring it. "Have you ever been in love"

I smiled and laid in bed, getting under the blanket. I thought of all our best memories.

I turn my head the other direction and Neil runs right into me, lifting me up and hugging me.

He spins me around pushing us closer into the room so we weren't in the hallway anymore, smiling and laughing from excitement. I've never seen him this happy.

I pull back from the embrace and look at him, he cuts me off, "Veronica, I got the part! I got it! I'm gonna play puck!" He was smiling from ear to ear.

"Neil!" I hug him again and he spins us around. "I'm so happy for you!"

He pulls back and looks at me, smiling as I was. He leans in hard and puts his lips on mine. The kiss was passionate and he pulled me in even closer than we were. We pulled away, both smiling from ear to ear.

"I knew you'd get it." He smiled at my words.

"I know you were the one that believed in me the whole time." He kissed my lips again, I was still in his arms. He tightened his grip around me. "I'm so happy! Ahhhh!"

I smiled as I drifted to sleep, thinking of him. More memories played in my mind.

He pulled away and smiled. "I wish I could. I'm not sure what to do. He wouldn't understand, but I appreciate your effort. I appreciate you so much."

I blushed. "I appreciate you too Neil. I care about you so much too. I'm always here for you."

My hands were around his neck. I played with his hair, it seemed to make his mood better a bit. "I know Veronica," he smiled through his tears falling from his eyes. "That why I love you so much Veronica. You're the most genuine person I know," he put his hand on my cheek as the other was around my waist. "And beautiful."

I smiled a tear coming from my eye. He just said he loved me. "Neil, I-,"

He closed the space between us. His lips on mine. A feeling I had no idea I missed so much.

I pulled away, "Neil I love you too."

He smiled. A tear rolled down his cheek and I wiped it with my finger.

He kissed my lips again. Harder this time with even more passion.

"Thank you Veronica, for everything."

I smiled, "I don't know what I'd do without you."

He started giggling, cheering up. "I don't know what I'd do without you either." He kissed me again. I knew he must of missed the feeling as much as I did, now realizing it.

I didn't wanna let go of him. As if I'd lose him.

+