[ 001 ]

Strangers in the night

[ Y/n ]

I rolled around under my covers for a moment. My body was exhausted but my mind was all over the place.

I glanced over at my clock, hoping it wasn't too late. It was only 12:40 so I decided I could still go out.

I sat up and put on a hoodie and sweatpants. I grabbed my headphones and my phone, stuffing them into my pocket. Going out at night was not something I was proud of. If my parents knew, they'd flip their shit.

I thought it was peaceful though. Plus, I'm not going to parties or drinking or doing drugs so I'm fine. I opened my window and hopped out. I'd chosen a room on the first floor for a reason.

I closed my window and started down the dark street. I walked slowly, inhaling the fresh air. Nighttime was my favorite, it's just nice.
It's calm and comfortable. I love it.

I took a turn and continued to walk towards the park. I could see the outline of the equipment in the far distance.

This made my speed increase slightly. I always thought well in the park at night. I don't know why. I think most people would find it scary and be paranoid but, I don't see it.

I finally arrived at the swings and sat down. The seat was cold, I could feel it through my sweatpants.

The chains holding the swing up were freezing. I didn't realize it was so cold out.

I swung a little before hearing a leaf crunch behind me. I quickly whipped around to see a figure. "Hello?" I stupidly called to them.

"Hey." They replied, sounding calm. I could tell it was a male from his voice. He came over and sat down on the other swing.

We sat quietly while he pulled out a cigarette. "It's not safe for girls to be out alone at night." He mumbled as he lit the cigarette.

"What? Are you saying I wouldn't be able to defend myself?" The figure chuckled and shook his head. "Against two or three dudes? No offense but probably not. Not alone at least."

He stuck out his hand for me to shake. I took it and we shook hands. "I'll be your knight in shining armor. My name's Finn."

My mind immediately went to the Finn that went to my school. Then I remembered that he was a heartless piece of shit and forgot about him.

"Nice to meet you, Finn, I'm Y/n." He stopped swinging for a moment so I did as well. "Y/n
Y/l/n?"

Hearing my name made me shiver. "Y-yeah... How'd you- Holy fuck. It really is Finn Wolfhard." I stood up and was going to leave but he grabbed me.

"Where are you going?" He asked in a genuinely curious way. "H-home! I don't want to be your next slut." He scoffed and stood up, crossing his arms.

Finn was taller than me. He looked down to talk to me. "You're not going to be my next slut. One, I would never fuck you and two, if we did fuck, you'd be my only slut. I'm a virgin. Not that you should know that though..."

Finn Wolfhard, a virgin. What a crazy world. I sat back down and we remained quiet. "You look nice in the halls." He perked up out of nowhere.