[ 008 ]

Dead girls who hide in showers

[ Y/n ]

Finn and I were driving to a motel now. I'd forgotten all my worries and now I was focused on us.

Finn was pretty exhausted but told me he was fine. Unluckily for him, he chose the motel in the middle of no where.

"No one will look here." He claimed, as we drove up a mountain. "Plus it's cheap and pretty damn nice." I sighed and mumbled that I trusted him.

After driving in circles for too long, we finally arrived at the motel. It really was stunning. I was surprised it wasn't insanely busy.

"It's a real catch, huh? It was popular in the fifties but as time went on it was forgotten." I let a small 'wow' leave my lips while Finn got out.

The bellboy ran to help with our bags. He looked no older than 14. I stepped out and looked at the snow beneath my feet.

I grabbed my bags from the car and carried them into the lobby. Well, it was just as grand inside as it was outside.

It was a large space filled with the most beautiful furniture. The walls had pantings hanging in golden frames, lovely people in ball gowns and tuxedos filled ballrooms, frozen while doing the waltz.

The bellboy escorted Finn and I into an elevator. He pressed a button and the doors closed. "How many people are living here now?" Finn asked. "Fourteen." The bellboy replied.

My eyes widened, only fourteen?! This place has four floors of rooms and only fourteen people live here? That's almost too good to be true!

The doors slid open and the small boy rushed out. Finn and I were practically running to keep up with him.

He stopped at room 460 and set down one of my bags so he could pull out a key. He unlocked the door and picked the bag back up, bringing it into the room.

We came in after him and I was stunned by the room. Just like the lobby, the room was breathtaking in every way.

There was a balcony that overlooked the woods. "If you need anything feel free to call. I work 24/7!" He said as he handed Finn the key and shut the door.

"This is..." I couldn't finish the sentence, it was just to unreal. "Do you like it?" Finn asked, walking over to sit on the bed. "I love it!" I exclaimed, running around to look at everything in the room.

"It's all so lovely! It's all so perfect and cute! Finn this place is a dream come true!" Finn laughed and laid back onto the bed.

"Finn..." I asked, turning around. "How come no one has remembered this place?" He rubbed his face and mumbled into his palms. "Pardon?" I asked, not understanding anything he said.

"There's rumors a couple and their daughter died here." I gasped and covered my mouth, looking around.

"Not in this room. Plus, it's just a rumor, there's nothing to be scared of... Can we sleep for a little before dinner?" I nodded and walked over to the bed.

Finn and I undressed and got under the covers. We practically sunk into the mattress, it was the most comfortable thing in the world.