[ 024 ]

The song is 'When I RIP' by Labrinth but for some reason it wouldn't let me add it so whatever.

The ups and downs of Finn

[ Y/n ]

I sat at breakfast with Finn, our feet pushing against each other. I laughed as my foot slipped, making him think he'd won.

I reached over and touched his hand. Finn looked up at me then at our hands. He interlocked our fingers, rubbing his thumb against my skin.

"I love you Finn."

Finn grinned and leaned down to kiss my hand. His action made me blush, embarrassed that he didn't say it back.

"I love you more."

A wave of relief rushed over me, making me exhale a breath that was caught in my chest. Finn stood up, taking one last drink from his coffee.

"Can we go to the library before we got back to the room?" Finn nodded and rubbed his eyes. "Still tired?" I asked, knowing he'd drank three espressos.

"I got a shitty night of sleep..." I nodded and leaned onto his arm. Margot suggested that I talk to him about his mental health.

I knew I had to at some point.

The library was always empty, it's the perfect place.

I led Finn upstairs to the library, not telling him why. We got into the private space and I led him to a table in the back.

"I'll wait here while you get your books." Finn offered. "Actually... I wanted to talk to you..." I mumbled.

"Why couldn't we do it in our room?"

A valid question I didn't really have an answer to. "I feel like someone would be listening there and I wanted to ask what mental illnesses you have."

Finn leaned back in his chair, looking down at his lap. "I know it's getting out of hand." He whispered. "I just want to understand Finn."

Finn looked up at me then reached across the table to grab one of my hands. "You won't run away, right?"

I smiled and placed my other hand on top of his. "I would never."

"Bipolar depression, OCD, ADHD, anxiety, psychosis, and some other stupid disorders... They aren't important."

I shook my head, "They are."

"Paranoid personality disorders and avoidant personality disorder."

I sat back in my chair and stared at the table. "You're not mad... Right?" I looked up at Finn and shook my head.

"No, no. I'm not mad at you love. I'm just... Processing it. It's a lot, y'know? I'm just wondering why you didn't tell me sooner."

"I was scared you'd leave me." Finn answered honestly. I got up and walked around the table to Finn.

I wrapped my arms around his head, pulling it to my chest. Finn leaned against me and brought his arms up to around my hips.