Chapter 3

Zeke POV

One week. That's how long it's been since Four wiped his memory. I kind of see where he was coming from. I mean, the poor guy lost the love of his life, I contemplated doing the same thing, probably would have if it weren't for Shauana and mom. I have them whereas Four had no one, it's not like he could go to his parents. He never told me the full story but I gathered that they didn't have the best relationship.

All week the only things Four ate were hamburgers and Duantless cake. I don't understand the hamburgers but I guess I get the Duantless cake.

Occasionally, I found Four wandering around by a small spot into the chasm I asked him about it one day and he said ' It just feels right'.

I was, however, highly disappointed when I found out he was still a better shot than me with a gun. Everything had kind of returned to normal.

That is until a crazy man in Erudite blue rushed into the building asking for Four. I informed him that he wasn't able to talk but that I could pass on a message.

" Tell him two things, one that Caleb says hi and two, that..." he starts " did you know Tris?" He asks. I nod slowly.

"We discovered a serum, buried deep in the Erudite basement, called the Convergence serum. Basically, it heals wounds on the deceased and starts their hearts again. It brings them back to life." He says. I'm still lost so I motion for him to continue " We used the serum on Tris, she's alive " I stand frozen in shock. For a moment I stay immobile, thoughts crowding my brain. Suddenly a thought hits me so hard I almost stumble.

Tris is alive
But
Four doesn't remember her