Chapter Fourtris

We sat in silence for a while. Not an uncomfortable one that makes you want to blurt something out, but one that made you afraid to breathe to loudly in fear of breaking it. But all good things must come to and end eventually.

"I know you don't remember but Uriah,Marlene, Lynn and Will are back" I say even though I know it's pointless.

"Your right I don't remember. But what do you mean 'back'?" He asks

"Back, you know as in they returned here after being somewhere else" I joked

"Ha ha, funny, I meant where were they?"

"Underground" I say, and I'm right, six feet under to be exact. Eventually the comfortable silence returns and we just sit together, enjoying each other's company. I can't help but hope that even though he doesn't remember me, he still has feelings for me.

The clock on the wall chimes ten O'clock. I glance at the clock and get up to leave. Before I can take more than a few steps a strong hand grabs my wrist, yanking me backwards. I stumble and flak only to be caught by Tobias's strong arms. I smile at him and struggle to get out of his death grip. When I fail I chuckle along with him.

"You should just stay here, it's late" he says. I wish he would ask me to stay because he wants me to, not because of the time. I nod none the less and remove my combat boots. Tobias grabs a blanket from under his bed and beast toward the sofa. I grab his wrist to stop him. Part of me wants him to sleep in the same bed as me, the other part knows that won't happen.

"I'll take the couch, it's your apartment." I say and grab the blanket from him. Without waiting for him to protest I settle onto the couch and throw the blanket over me. I hear shuffling from the bed signifying that Tobias has gotten in bed.

"Night Tris" Tobias calls

"Night Tobias" I reply

As I fall into a deep sleep I can't help but think of the last time we were in here together. Before the war, before all this drama, before everything.

A loud banging awakens me from my peaceful sleep. Groaning, I peel my eyes open and walk to the door. A quick glance at the bed revels a motionless lump, of course he wouldn't be awake, he could sleep through a tornado. Hinges creaking, the door swings open revealing a hyper Zeke

"What could you possibly want" I say around a yawn

"Candor or Duantless at my apartment at noon" he says "bring sleepy head over there too"

"Is that really a good idea?" I ask

"Yeah it's like a'glad your not dead'/'welcome back' party" he says "why are you here any way?"

"I was here the yesterday and it was too late for me to leave so I slept on the couch." I say. He nods and walks away. Sighing I slip my shoes on and walk to the cafeteria to get some muffins.

Muffins in hand I walk back to Tobias's apartment. The door is already slightly open since that's how I left it. Inside the apartment I set the muffins on the counter. A faint groaning and rustling is heard form the bed on the far side of the room. Footsteps creaking on the floor boards, Tobias walks into the kitchen. Rubbing his eyes he sits on a stool, groping around the counter for a muffin. Laughing, I push the pastry towards him. He smiles groggily as he slowly bites the muffin.

"Zekes having a party at noon, you should come" I tell him as he eats

"Yeah, I'll be there"

"Okay well, I have to go but I'll see you
this afternoon" I say, walking towards the door.

"Bye Tris" I hear

"By Tobias" I say back as I close the door. " I love you" I mutter