Prologue

This wonderful author really inspired me to write fanfiction: chogiwanese

-----------------------------

" MARK hyung, are you free this time? "

I whipped my head to the owner of the voice, acknowledging his presence. I drank the last amount of chocolate coffee in my small cup before bring it down on the long table.

Crossing my both arms against my chest, I checked the time on my wristwatch, seeing it was already 4:45pm. I nodded at him, permitting him to step inside of my spacious office.

" yeah, why so? " I asked him, questioning his beaming smile.

" you can come to the children's ward with me! Jeno's not around today because of family matters amd Renjun has a client " he shrugged his shoulders and gave me a pleading look.

" Mr. Pediatrician, I'd appreciate if you stop doing that and I'll come with you. I already missed those kids " I turned my back at him, putting the dirty cup in sink before wearing my lab coat and the stethoscope. Lastly, I shoved my phone in my pocket.

" you're so mean Mr. Surgeon " he fired back using his monotone voice and dragged me out of my office with a force.

" yah! let go of my wrist, aish you are such a child " I hissed at him, pulling my wrist from his hold. I sent him a glare but I received a sweet sickeningly smile of his and stucked his tongue out.

" so matured Jaem, so matured " I rolled my eyes on him and snickered.

" I know I am! " he pounded his fist against his left chest with a proud smile plastered on his face.

" idiot " I mumbled under my breath, shaking my head to see my pink haired friend skipping happily on our way. I adjusted my spectacles at its right place under my nose bridge to have a clearer look.

I shoved my both hands in my coat's pocket as my eyes roamed in the busy hallway. Nurses with their clipboards and rolling tray containing with different medicines and aid kit, doing their tasks. Other doctors and visitors talking about patient's condition. Teenagers are talking quietly at the corner and the patient's confinement can be seen inside their designated room.

" hey, do you know that Chenle and Jisung already fixing their documents for deployment here? " asked Jaemin

My eyes went wide and stared at him when he mentioned our friends' name that we last saw their faces in person since last 7 years ago.

" seriously? Why so sudden? What's the reason? " I bombarded him questions that seem expected for hearing those response from me, seeing his cheery expression.

" well, I don't know any details except that they'll work here 2 weeks from now. Omg, I missed them so much! I will shower them hugs and kisses to the point they can't breathe " he blabbered out while hugging his own clipboard.

I let out a genuinely smile, seeing my two other friends again. I remember that they decided to take the course that I was taking back then, which is in medical field but in different specialties.

I choose this job as a surgeon because of my parent's wish and my fulfilling my promise to someone. Jaemin is a pediatrician because he loves taking care of children. Jeno has job of being a nurse just because. Renjun is in a dentistry because his whole family are also in medical field, which lead him to study dentistry that took his interest. Lastly, Jisung and Chenle are both psychiatrists because that's one of their forte, to give advices and help other people through talking.