c12: Paper Bag

🐯

Shuffling, grunting, mumbling, talking and scuffling. What a good sight to watch in the morning the moment you enter in our chemistry class. You also could see the visible frown on my rowdy classmate's faces, seemingly like they didn't fully understand the formula or the important notes that they were trying to comprehend that almost eight minutes had passed. The others kindly asked their seatmates for help, writing some notes and listening intently on what the other was trying to point out.

I shook my head in amusement and averted my gaze on my three other friends who seriously buried their faces on the book and notes that was scattered on their own desks. I tried to distract Jeno from studying but I only got pushed away. I also tried to catch the attention of the other two but they didn't even budge on their spot. I pouted in dismay while looking how my classmates having an internal breakdown. I propped my elbow against my table and placed my chin on my palm, looking outside the window that was on my right side.

Today is final exam day

I watched the students down on the field, doing multi-tasking as they walked in a fast pace while reading on their big notes to make themselves on time. The weather is nice to start the day but exams have to ruin it. Not only that, we will suffer three days for our exam, sounds good right.

Out of boredom, I let my mind do its work, recalling all the lessons that I studied last night when we had our family vacation yesterday, thank God I was able to do multi-tasking. I remembered when my Taeyong hyung tried to pry my reviewer away from my hands as he threateningly fished his hands out of the car's window, holding the papers in tight.

I absentmindedly wrote some formulas and reminders on my flat table using my free index finger and mumbled incoherent words. Tapping and scratching my slender finger in haste, I managed to remember the key points, the concentration units of the molecules, percentages, and highlighted ideas of my review for our final exam. I sighed in relief.

Few minutes had passed until our giant professor barged in with laptop case and test papers on his arms. My classmates started to scurried back on their own seats not leaving their gaze on their notes.

" good morning class " Mr. Park greeted us with his eyes roaming around the class.

We stood up lazily as we greeted back in our best enthusiastic manner. He motioned us to sit down on our seats.

" guys, I know that I forgot to remind you about our final exam last time and I am sorry because I was in rush that time. So, in order to pay you..... I will let you review your notes in five minutes before we start okay. Now move your asses " after his big announcement, I saw my classmates cheering on their seats. Digging their faces on the table with lots of notes. The noise in our classroom began to falter for once that you may misheard a bird chirping in the midst of silence.

I didn't waste my remaining time for sightseeing so I minded my own business with few notes on my desk.

Seems like the five minutes was already up when we heard our professor clapped his hands thrice that snatched our attention.

" okay, hide all your notes now. Only one ballpen, pencil and eraser all I wanted to see on your own desk. I will provide you each one of you a scratch paper and please, mind your own work. I don't care if you are trying to cheat, but you have to be secretive as much as can because if I caught you doing a dirty job, expect a zero grade on your finals and get a detention as well. Sound fair? " then he gave us a sinister smile that made us gulped in no time. We nodded our heads in fear.