c25: The Grand Night

🐯

It's been 25 minutes since I have tried my best to calm my nerves down and my pounding heart but to no avail. I've been distracting myself by initiating a conversation with others to somehow falter my nervousness but the sickening feeling pit on my stomach still didn't falter making me feel more anxious at the same time. I rubbed my palms together to receive any heat from the friction. I cupped my both cheeks using my warm palms.

Cowering myself more to the seat, I let my eyes scanned the area, more specifically to the busy staffs who were rushing on their feet and assisting the other participants here at the backstage. I saw some of them throwing me a glance or shooting me a curt smile as acknowledgement on my presence. But their haste movements, incoherent chatterings, unnecessary sounds and the booming voice from the hosts that echoed around the social hall gave me an additional nauseous feeling that's why I closed my eyes shut, focusing on my breathing exercise.

' You can do this, Mark ' I reminded to myself along my head nodding in reassurance.

Frankly speaking, I was only the participant who was sitting leisurely while waiting for the cue to call me on stage but deep inside I was feeling helpless, seeking any encouragement from anyone.

Sighing heavily for umpteenth times, my sight landed to the unbothered nursing senior students which are obviously going to perform later after hearing their conversation about how they are going to showcase their performance. I also spotted Mina there with his seniors. She sent me a shy smile which I immediately reciprocated her kind gesture. After that short moment, she averted her attention back to his colleagues. I watched them longer on how they were talking happily to each other but as the minutes passed by, my mind drifted off again with swarming thoughts.

Tonight is the grand night.

Yes, my awaiting day has finally come. All the practice that we did is going to pay off, hopefully if my nervousness doesn't consume me fully. Honestly, giving the campus community a good show is not only I worry about. What's more that made my anxiousness grew more is the reason of...

Confessing my true feelings to Haechan tonight.

These past few weeks my feelings only grew deeper than what I have expected. Everytime we spend our day together with our friends, I was so afraid that my heart is going to combust out from my chest or he might heard my heartbeat that was pounding furiously whenever he laughs happily, his cute giggles, his angelic smiles and if we hold hands.

My crush is literally the epitome of the ball of sunshine.

I may look like an idiot for always wearing a huge smile that caused my other friends to tease me to the extent but I could careless. I was to occupied to worry about hiding it. I would be lying if I say spending my time with him is one of my best days in my entire life. This feeling made me fool for him.

I really like him that much if you ask.

I couldn't help but asked myself if am I only infatuated for him or is this what you called of admiring someone romantically deeper than friendship? but I already knew the answer for my question and I wouldn't deny that.

Good times. I hope it will continue after confessing my love to him.

Love.

I smiled at that thought. Maybe, I am already in love with him.

And I am going risk that chance to man up about my romantic feelings towards him as soon as possible.