Chapter 5- The sacrifice

As for sleeping, I hear footsteps. As far as I knew everyone was asleep. Did I forget to lock the Gilber door again? Shit. I roll out of the bed and open my door. I had a room right next to Elena. Then I hear a door slam and jump practically out of my skin. I slowly creep out into the hall and see Elena exiting as well. 

"Hey," I whisper to her. She looks at me confused."I decided to crash here, sorry."

"It's fine Gracie, but did you hear that?" Elena questions me.

"Yeah..." I trail off as I use my heightened hearing and hear footsteps. Me and Elena steep in the hallway. Then I hear footsteps coming up the stairs and turn around.

"Ahh." I let out a yelp as Elena grasps my arm. I see Alaric looking just as scared as we did. He's standing in his boxers with a bowl. I grab my chest and try to slow my breathing and heart rate.

"Elena. Grace. Ahem." Alaric starts off.

"We uh-we heard something. I got worried that I didn't actually lock the door." I explain as Elena nods in agreement. Alaric chuckles as Jenna comes out of her room.

"That was us." She explains shyly." I'm sorry."

"We didn't think anyone was up." Alaric starts.

"But here you two are. And here we are." Jenna explains. The atmosphere getting weird.

"We were just..."Alaric trails off. 

"What's this?" Elena questions gesturing towards the bowl. 

"Chunky monkey?" He responds holding up the bowl. Elena and I look at each other awkwardly.

"I'm not really hungry, at all," Elena replies. Alaric drops the spoon and looks back at us.

"Well..heh. I'm naked. So I'm gonna go." He says swiftly rushing past Elena and into Jenna's room.

"I'm really, really sorry." Jenna apologizes. "To you too Gracie."

"It's ok, Jenna," I respond shuffling back with Elena.

"Yeah. It's okay, Jenna, don't worry about it." Elena reassures.

"I know he's bee staying here a lot. Are you- are you sure it's ok?" Jenna pushes.

"Seems like things are good," I reply with a smirk.

"They're extremely good," Jenna says with a bit of a blush.

"Then I'm extremely ok with it, and I'm sure Gracie is too," Elena responds as I nod my head in agreement. Jenna walks back to her room.

"Hey, Lena want to have a mini sleepover?" I suggest.

"Sure. My room or yours?" She questions.

"Your's," I reply immediately

"You always say that, Is it because of my pillows?" I ask laughing.

"Yes. They're extremely comfortable, really they are." I explain my reasoning with a small smile playing on my lips.

"Yeah, they really are." She responds smiling. We both get in bed again and I snuggle a pillow Elena says her head on me.

***

A knock at the door shook me and Elena away from the tv. We each look at each other.

"Not it!" We shout simultaneously. "Jix!, Jix again!" 

I flop down further on the couch.

"You get it, Lena." I say as my voice gets mumbled by the couch pillows. Elena groans and gets up.