Chapter 36-The Departed

I sat next to Elena while Jeremy was pacing outside a nervous wreck.

"Come on Lena. I don't think I can handle any more losses. I know that's sounding selfish but it trie. We've all lost too much we can't lose you too." I tell her squeezing her hand and lightly pulling away. I got up from my seat and joined Jeremy from outside. "She's going to be fine. She's a fighter." I tell him.

"I-I'm just worried. You know after everything. How did we end up like this?" Jeremy asks stopping pacing and turning to look at me with a distraught expression.

"I don't know. Just the draw of the lot. We got lucky." I say sarcastically.

"Yeah, lucky..." Jeremy lets out a little life. He looks into her room. Elena looking peaceful asleep hooked up to all of the wires.

"She's going to be fine," Meredith says approaching us. "She got a little banged up today, hit her head, but it was just a slight concussion. Nothing to worry about." She informed us trying to calm our nerves.

"BUt she collapsed, there was blood." Jeremy points out worriedly. 

"Honestly, Jeremy, she's ok. She's just, she's been...through a lot." Meredith tells us. "Is there anyone you want to call?" I hear Jeremy sigh.

"Who you gonna call?" I asked peering over his shoulder to see my raven-haired friend pulled up.

"Hello?" Damon asks.

"Elena passed out and was bleeding so I took her to the hospital." Jeremy explained rushed. 

"You did what?!" Damon exclaimed worry clear in his voice.

"I took her to the hospital. when you find your sister unconscious, you call 9-1-1." Jeremy explains.

"Not when you have a parade of vampires at your disposal. Where's Grace?" Damon questioned worriedly.

"She's right here," Jeremey answered.

"Get them out of there immediately. Alaric will want to come and kill Grace and every original will want Elena dead right now in order to stop Alaric." Stefan explained.

"Well, one- none of them will kill her. Elijah, Klaus, Kol, and Rebekah may not want Alaric around but they won't kill her. And two- Meredith wants to keep her here for observation." I explain into the phone. 

"I don't care. Jeremy brings Grace and Elena home, we're on our way." Damon stresses as he hangs up.

"Call Caroline she can speed Elena home. It's better if we just go there, maybe Klaus, Damon, and Stefan can team up and kill Alaric." I suggest. Jeremy slightly smiles and calls Caroline who shows up quickly and carries her back to the Gilbert residence.

***

We reach the front door and MAtt, Tyler, Caroline, Elena, Jeremy, and myself each walk-in.

"Couch," Caroline commands healing Elena in.

"I'm fine I just want something to eat first,"Elena informs us.

"We're on it as soon as we make sure on one's lurking in the closets," Tyler answered gesturing towards himself and Matt.

"Sorry, but you two will burn something and probably poison the food. I'll make it." I say walking towards the kitchen as Caroline drags Elena towards the couch.

"All right. Couch now." She commands.

"Ugh, I told you, I'm fine. Anyway, what's going on with you and Klaus?" Elena asks facing me.

"Nope. No changing the conversation. Doctor said rest, you rest." I tell her Caroline nodding in agreement. She groans in annoyance but obliges. "Now what can I get you?"