Chapter 7- The Bite

I'm sitting near Rose. She was bit yesterday, and our bites are toxic to vampires. Maybe I can find a cure? 

"I was born in 1450. That makes me 560 years old." Rose states.

"If you were a bottle of wine..." Damon tries as he starts opening a blood bag. Maybe Mason's Journals can have something.

"So I can die. I've lived long enough." Rose finishes.

"You know, if you're going to be maudlin, I'm just going to kill you myself. Just to put me out of your misery." Damon tells Rose trying to lighten the situation. "Come on, it's just a little werewolf bite." 

"Just a little fatal to a vampire werewolf bite." Rose points out.

"Well, according to legend, which is notoriously unreliable source...drink up." Damon tells her handing her a glass of blood. "Blood heals." Rose sighs and drinks the blood.

"Yeah.  It does feel like it's working." She states feeling better.

"Let's have a look. COme on." Damon encourages."Let me see." I get up and walk over to Damon as he pulls it down. 

"How is it?" She asks. Damon moves her shirt aside more to see the infected bite.

"Definitely...better. Right, Little bird?"

"Um...It's not that bad really." I act.  Then Elena walks in.

"Where's Stefan?" Damon questions.

"He left. I need you to talk to him. He's convinced that he has to find Isobel. But I think that's going to upset Elijah." Elena informs us.

"No can do. I'm with Stefan on this one." Damon tells Elena. She sighs and leaves then Damon turns to me. "Hey, can you play nurse for a little while..."

"It's not necessary." Rose tries.

"It is necessary. Grace is a do-gooder, badass best friend. It's in her nature. She just can't resist. Damon says exiting the room.  

"Day, the wolf bite caused an infection and it's getting worse. I'll try everything in my power. Maybe I can extract the poison from her bloodstream with a spell. I should be strong enough. If anything see if you can get anything out of Jules for a cure." I tell him. "And Day, I'm sorry."

"Death happens. We come, we go. Sonner she dies, the better. It's Gloomy as hell in here." Damon says. I just hug him. 

"You're doing it again," I mumble against his shirt.

"What again?"

"Blocking me out Day. This happened when you found out the Kat wasn't in the tomb either. Don't do this, don't pull away again." I beg. Damon looks down at me and kisses my head.

"Okay." He says before he leaves. 

***

It's getting worse. I decided to lead Rose to bed and I brought my bag.

"I hate this. I'm a vampire I haven't had a cold in 5 centuries." Rose informs me as I lay her down in bed.

"Just get in bed. I'm going to fix this." I tell her as I start taking off her sweater.

"We don't get sick. When we die, it's fast and sudden. And it's certainly not Drawin out with an Illness."

"You are not going to die. I'll figure something out."

"Such a human thing to say." Rose tells me laying down and closing her eyes. I sit at the edge of the bed."You've been in Damon's room before?" Rose questions from her place on the bed.