Chapter 44-Miss Mystic

"Nik. Caroline would literally kill me if I show up late." I tell him trying to escape his steel grip around my waist at the table.

"You're being overdramatic, love." He mumbles into my ear.

"We are talking about the same person, right? Caroline? Caroline Forbes, the person who yelled at me to get rid of you yesterday just so I could finish rearranging flowers."

"Yeah..." He trails off still leaning into me. "Maybe you should go...."

"Thank you for finally coming to the conclusion that I was right." I smile sarcastically. "I'll see you at 2?"

"I'll see you at 2, little wolf." He smiles at me kissing my head before letting me go.

***

Now here I stood in the dressing room in front of April. I already had my dress that caroline so graciously picked out for me already. It was a dress with a blue to white gradient.

"Blue or red?" April asked holding up two dresses.

"Blue." Care and Elena stated simultaneously. I wasn't really paying attention to that though. I had a million and other thoughts running through my head. My main concern Jeremy. A new hunter.

"Grace, are you even listening?" Caroline practically shouted at me from where I stood.

"I'm sorry, pardon?" I ask my thoughts leaving my head as my focus goes to the conversation.

"I guess that's your answer," Elena said giggling.

"April should pick the blue dress to play it safe, right?" Caroline asked me with a know it all look.

"I don't know. I kinda like the red. It gets attention and contrasts against your pale complexion." I state.

"And that is why you never won." Carolie answers.

"Safe is good when it comes to the judges." Elena elaborates. "Something Grace was never able to accomplish."

"She's right. Evelyn Lockwood had a 3-foot slit her year and practically got laughed off the court."Caroline says earning chuckles from the rest of us.

"I know she's supposed to be a relative but damn, she's a..." I trail off not wanting to insult her.

"A slut." Caroline finishes shrugging her shoulders. We then all laughed again.

"She's got my vote." A male voice says from the door. A voice I know oh so well. Damon Salvatore.

"Get out of here lurker!" Caroline shouts as she throws a black object at his chest.

"Ouch." He says sarcastically while smirking. "Where's professor, Shane?"

"Check the judge's table." She shouts at him and moves to close the door. But Damon stops it from fully closing and opens it back up.

"Red one, definitely." He says to April.

"We've already agreed that the red one's a little bit too showy," Caroline explained smiling fakely at Damon.

"It's a pageant. That's the whole point." Damon points out while smirking.

"Did you win Miss Mystic last year?" Caroline asks while she puts her hands on her hips getting more annoyed at the raven vampire. "No didn't think you did."

"Neither did Elena, and she wore blue." Damon points out.

"Nobody cares what you think." Caroline barks wanting him to leave.

"I care," April says awkwardly raising her hand.

"See? April cares," Damon says smugly. "Red, right, Elena?" Damon directs his question to her. Elena stands there almost flushing as all of the attention is brought to her. She eyes April for a few.