Chapter 30- Unlikely Alliances

6 hours

6 hours. That's how long Grace Lockwood has been missing. She said that she would call the MIkaelsons but there was no call they figured she was fine so let it be.

***

2 more house pass and no a single word of the Brunett. 

"Hey, Grace. Look, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for blowing up at you yesterday. It wasn't your fault that you're mated to him and I should've let you explain. I saw red last night, and I'm sorry Little Bird. When you get back to me we can have a movie night, just the two of us and you can choose any movie you want. Please call back." Damon's voice pleads into his phone. Wondering why his Little Bird wasn't answering him. she always answered, always. She could never stay mad at him even if she was she would've answered.

"Are you still trying to reach her?" Stefan asked his older brother.

"She's my best friend, like our sister. Why aren't you trying?" Damon snarks back angered by the lack of care Stefan has for Grace.

"I have been. She hasn't picked up. I guess she's just mad at the both of us." Stefan replies.

"Yeah, but if both of us called, no matter how mad she is she would pick up," Damon says starting to get worried for his little fiery friend.

"She's probably at the Mikaelsons and shut her phone off not wanting to hear from us," Stefan reassures even though he himself was also feeling worried. No matter how many fights she had with Damon she always picked up her phone. 

"You're probably right." Damon sighs outpouring himself a bourbon and drinking it. 

***

"Hey, Grace. It's Caroline. Elena told me what happened, I'm so sorry but we could really use you right now. Bonnie's mom is a vampire and Bonnie really needs us. She needs you. I know you died and a lot has happened in the past couple of days but I think today we could have a much-needed girls night. Me, you, and Bonnie. No drama just icecream and romance movies. Just remember you've got people still in your corner. We love you. Please pick up soon." Caroline hangs up after getting sent to voicemail for the 5th time. 

"She's still not answering?" Bonnie sniffs from her spot on her bed.

"No, but you know she has a lot to deal with. I'm pretty sure she'll be over when she can be." Caroline says even though she had a lingering thought in the back of her mind that something was wrong she wasn't going to worry her already grieving friend more.

"Are you sure?" Bonnie asks sniffling at the end.

"Yeah. She has had a lot happen. Especially with who her mate is. Are you sure you don't resent her because of that?" Caroline asks worriedly. 

"If it car down to killing Klaus or Grace. Grace would win every time. I wouldn't ever want to kill her." Bonnie explained. 

"Ok. Want to watch the Notebook?" She suggests smiling as Bonnie chuckles at the perky Blond.