CHAPTER 15

Nanginginig ang mga kamay kong binitawan ang cellphone sa center table. My chest hammered, and I felt the lump on my throat. My mind was in haywire and all I could do was to fucking stare at nowhere. I couldn't calm down. I was on the verge of crying when one of them spoke.

"Are you okay?" tanong ni Gina na mukhang kanina pa ako napapansin. They were already busy of something and stopped when Gina asked me that.

"I'm fine," thank goodness I didn't stammer. I bit my lip so hard that it almost bled, at namg hindi ko na makaya ang bigat ng dibdib ko ay tumayo ako. "Excuse me."

I didn't look back and continued walking. Hindi ko na rin hinintay na magsalita sila dahil sobra ang kaba na nararamdaman ko. Different scenarios flashed on my mind like a hologram. Malalaman 'to ni Ms. Ocampo and if that happens... It's possibly the end of my service and position. The thought of it alone scares me. Parang unti-unting nawawasak ang pangarap kong maging Reyna kahit isang taon lang sa Monarch High.

I stopped on our garden. Pinagsiklop ko ang mga kamay ko at mahinang piniga ang mga ito dahil sa takot. Maiiyak na sana ako nang may narinig akong kaluskos. From my peripheral vision, I saw Wynd standing beside me. Hindi ko na sya tiningnan at huminga ng malalim bago nagsalita.

"What are you doing here?"

"Nothing. Just wanna check if you're fine."

Pilit akong ngumiti. "Okay lang ako."

Nakita kong tumingin sya sa 'kin kaya napalingon din ako sa kanya. "You don't look okay to me."

I shrugged. "Doesn't matter. Please... Leave me alone for a while."

Kailangan kong mag-isip ng pwedeng gawin. Kung tutuosin, dapat magkasama kaming mag-iisip dahil pareho kaming damay dito. I know he loves his position, otherwise he wouldn't ran twice as the King. Pero palagay ko... Wala syang gagawin.

"No," matigas nyang sabi. "And don't be scared if you're alone with me, it's not like I'm gonna do something to you."

Humarap ako sa kanya. He did the same. "I am not scared."

Napalabi sya. He tilted his head. "You always tremble when I am around. Umaatras ka kapag lumalapit ako. So, who's scared?" his brows arched.

I didn't know what to say. Totoo naman, I could feel myself trembling whenever he's near... But I'm sure it is not because I am scared. It's... different and... scary to admit.

"Hindi ako takot," sabi ko na lang.

He scoffed. "Yeah, right."

I sighed. "I just don't... want you near me."

Napatigil sya at tumitig sa 'kin. His stare intensified and I just wanted to avoid his eyes but they're pulling me. "You hate me that much, huh..."

Kumunot ang noo ko sa sinabi nya. "Aren't you feel the same?"

"I wouldn't like you if I hate you, Hurricane."

Napasinghap ako at umiling-iling. My chest started to tighten. Pagak ang mahihinang tawa na pinakawalan ko at tumitig na lang sa kalangitan sa taas para iwasan ang titig nya.

"Well, you annoy me... a lot," he started. Kahit nakatingala ako, hindi ko mapigilang makinig sa sinasabi nya. "But that doesn't mean I hate you. I'm just annoyed with your tactics, your shortcuts, your mindset but never in my life that I think I hate you," I bit my lip and sighed before looking down. I pinched my skin to check if I was dreaming. "I understand how much you hate me. I'm not gonna deny how asshole I was before but I'm trying hard for you to feel... what I feel. I'm not good at expressing maybe that's why it surprised you and the fact that you assumed I hate you."