Arc 2 Chapter 16: Revelation

~~~The Next Day~~~

You strand tall and proud above thousands of students outside Honnouji Academy. They were all ordered to congregate within the front courtyard right as school began to hear a speech given by the Student Council. The sea of confused, tired students stood stiff and silent as you approached the podium set up earlier in the morning.

Today was the day Satsuki wanted to begin the Student Council overhaul. The plan was to unleash the students upon each other for an entire week to tear down the walls she had set up. Two star students would have to defend their rank as one and no star students attacked them for their positions. The rich had money, but the poor had numbers. All of Honnou town was soon to become a war zone. Satsuki requested you to present this plan of hers to the students while she stood with you to back up your stance. 

The students had their eyes locked on you. 

You saw some familiar faces in the crowd. 

Ryuko Matoi. 

Mako Mankanshoku. 

Sake Kiru. 

They were all just as confused as the rest of the student body before you. 

You: TODAY! WE EMBARK ON THE COMPLETE OVERHAUL OF THE STUDENT COUNCIL! IF YOU PARTICIPATE, YOU WILL HAVE FREE REIGN TO ATTACK YOUR PEERS! THERE ARE NO RESTRICTIONS ON WEAPONS OR TACTICS! ANYTHING GOES! THOSE WHO SURVIVE WILL MEET BACK HERE IN SEVEN DAYS! THESE SURVIVORS WILL THEN FIGHT FOR THEIR NEW SOCIAL STANDING! THIS WILL BE A FIGHT FOR CHANGE IN THE FORM OF A BATTLE ROYAL! 

Satsuki puts her hand on your shoulder and walks in front of you. 

Satsuki: THIS WILL BE A FORM OF ELECTION! BUT- UNLIKE A NORMAL ELECTION WHERE THE STUDENTS ELECT YOU TO REPRESENT THEM, YOU WILL ALL BE REPRESENTING YOURSELVES! YOUR STATUS! YOUR STRENGTH! YOUR WAY OF LIFE! IN SEVEN DAYS AT EIGHT-THIRTY A.M, THE SURVIVORS WILL PARTAKE IN A SUDDEN DEATH RUN OFF. IF YOU ARE VICTORIOUS, YOUR STUDENT COUNCIL VICE-PRESIDENT AND I WILL PERSONALLY PRESENT YOU A NEW GOKU UNIFORM! 

You: NOW! STUDENTS OF HONNOUJI ACADEMY! FIIIIIGHT! 

The crowd suddenly bursts into an uproar of violence. Some students were rushing to get out of dodge while others were ganging up on each other. Your eardrums nearly exploded from the amount of yelling and explosions happening before you. 

Satsuki turns to the Elite Four. 

Satsuki: Jakuzure, Gamagori, Sanageyama, Inumuta, you four have free reign to do as you wish. Take the week off if you so please. Just be here next week ready to fight. 

Inumuta: Understood miss. 

The Elite Four stroll off together towards the battlefield. 

Satsuki: (R/N), what are you going to do with this time? 

You: I've got a few ideas but- 

You peer towards the students and focus on one person in particular. 

Ryuko. 

She was trying her best to escape the insanity with Mako in hand. She didn't notice your gaze. 

You: -there's something I have to do first. 

Satsuki follows your line of sight straight to Ryuko. 

Satsuki: An apology isn't necessary-

You: -To you maybe, but I represented myself poorly the other day. Matoi isn't necessarily our enemy. We need her here. Something as simple as 'sorry' might keep her around.