Chapter 12-Breakfast

A/N

Sorry just noticed the last chapter had no title. :)

Genji's p.o.v

We were to go on a mission today. It was my first mission with this strike team. It consisted of Angela, Tracer, Reinhardt, and me. We had to go to Numbani, because of some bad omnics.  It was 7 am. I still had 3 hours until we flew to Numbani. I walked to the cafeteria to grab something to eat. I could smell something delicious. I walked into the cafeteria and saw Angela walking out of the kitchen, holding a plate with many pancakes on it. "Good morning, Luv," Tracer called to me. "Good morning, Tracer," I replied. I was worried, she probably hated me for how I treated her the last time I saw her. Angela laid the plate onto the table Tracer and Reinhardt were sitting at. "Do you want some pancakes?" Tracer asked, "Angela made them." I looked at the pancakes. They were smelling wonderful, "How could I say no, to such an offer," I said grinning under my mask. I grabbed myself a pancake and wanted to walk to my dorm to eat it, but Angela asked sadly, "Don't you want to eat with us?" "Well, I mean- I'm just not comfortable with eating around other people... But I guess it couldn't hurt," I said, sitting down at their table. I was uncomfortable, but I didn't want them to think that they were the reason. I opened my mask only wide enough to eat, but I still covered my face with the mask. "Genji, why don't you show your face?" Reinhardt's voice boomed curiously. I almost let my faceplate fall at the sudden loud noise. "I don't like others to see what I have become," I replied, trying not to sound angry. It didn't seem like I successfully sounded happy, because the others stayed silent. "Angela, how did you do these?" I asked impressed. "Do what?" Angela said, not getting the hang of my question. "These delicious pancakes," I replied. "Oh, I just did them like my M-," Her voice cracked all of a sudden, and tears formed in her eyes. "Have I said something wrong?" I asked confused and worried. "I-It's not y-your fault, Genji," She said, whilst cupping her eyes with her hands. I wanted to comfort her. I wanted to do something to make her feel better, but I didn't know how. I walked up to her and hugged her. I didn't know if it helped her, but she did the same to me last time and it helped me very much. "Everything's okay," I said, trying to comfort her. I saw how a small smile formed on her face. "Thanks, Genji. You are such a nice person," She said, in a whisper. "Did it hurt?" I asked, lost in thought. "Did what hurt?" She asked. "Did it hurt, when you fell from heaven?" I responded not really noticing what I just said. She blushed and I suddenly got what I just said. "Oh my god. I'm sorry I didn't mean to- I didn't want to-" I didn't know what to say. The words had just gotten out of my mouth. "No, it didn't hurt. Because you caught me," She got pinker in her face. I felt myself getting full-on red. I was sure you could see it on the parts of my face that were revealed. "Um... I have to go," Angela said. I just stood there, shocked. "Looks like we have some little lovebirds on our team," Tracer chuckled. I got a barely audible, "Shut up," out and walked away. I just walked not even thinking. It felt like only a few seconds past until I heard, "Angela Ziegler, Genji Shimada, Reinhardt Willhelm, and Lena Oxton. Please get onto the dropship. I made my way onto the ship. I was a bit nervous, because it was my first mission with this team. If I would've known.