Newt imagine: Part 2

We'd ran to the forrest in about 2 minutes, and we were now just waiting for the grievers to arrive. It was so nerve wracking I could barley breathe, and I could sense Newt was feeling similar.

"I think I can hear them.." Newt whispered, looking around in curiosity. Suddenly, high pitch screeches could be heard, followed by the sound of shouting and screaming. They were here. I winced at the cries; backing up against a tree slightly. The roars got louder, and the screams became more frequent, I heard a familiar voice screaming now. It was definitely Minho, fighting, no doubt.

"We need to help the others." I demanded, tensing up slightly as I stepped forward, in front of Newt. He gave me an unusual look, the look he'd give me when he knew he was right and I was wrong.

"No, you're staying here, I need to protect you." He rasped, shaking his head as he gently pulled me back by my arm.

"But I hear Minho, I think he's in trouble," I carefully moved Newts hand away from me. "We need to help."

Before Newt had the chance to reject my plan, Minho shot out of the bushes, running towards us both at a high speed.
"Run!" He clamoured in a distressed manor, we both knew that when Minho tells us to run, we run.

I turned my back, sprinting through the trees and undergrowth not looking back once, Newt ran besides me, along with Minho. I heard the growls again, this time, they were close. Too close. A griever was stood right in front of us, and spotted us instantly. Newt grabbed a knife from his pocket and stormed in front of me, he nodded at Minho who soon copied his actions and grabbed a weapon.

"(Y/N), run, now!" Newt ordered, his voice quaking. I turned, ready to sprint away, but my legs wouldn't let me, I wanted to help; and I was going to.

"No." I growled, grabbing a blade from my belt. I clutched it tight in my hands as I approached the creature, ready to fight like the others.

"(Y/N), please!" The frightened Brit cried, his voice unsteady. I turned to glare at him, I wanted to do something for myself for once. I didn't notice the Griever's stinger darting towards me, it struck me in the stomach. I gasped as my hands covered my wound, my vision going blurry. I slowly looked towards Newt as my expression faded, I fell to my knees, then the to the ground in a heap, I was unconscious in no time.

Newt fell with me, his eyes widened as he stared at my lifeless body. Whereas Minho lashed out at the Griever, repeatedly slashing its face with his blade. Newt hurriedly stood back up, and ran to the monster, screaming in angst. He pounced at it as he launched his weapon at its neck, piercing through it like a pin through a pin cushion. The creature was dead, and fell over backwards in a cloud of mud and leaves.

"Oh no.. No no no no.." Newt picked me up, holding me in a bridal style as he shook me in an attempt to wake me. His eyes began to fill with tears as he stared at me in sorrow, his lips shaking.

"Sh-- she was stung..?" Minho urged, his voice shaking as he stared at Newt. He was utterly heart broken.