Chapter 18 | Murder Mystery Part 1

Author's Note: I won't say what I have planned, but you can probably tell from the title. This chapter will mostly be what Tenten experiences. 

---

"Ino, why exactly are we in front of an old, creepy mansion?" Tenten asked, her brows creasing at the sight. The mansion indeed looked creepy, like some half run-down victorian mansion from a few centuries ago. The paint was chipping, the wood and brick seemed old, and a few dead trees stuck out of the lawn, completely and utterly lifeless.

"Is this another haunted house?" Hinata murmured in confusion.

"Sort of," Ino began to explain, "This is a mansion I rented for our little game for Halloween night."

"Which is..." Temari continued, "A murder mystery!"

Many brows raised at the mentioned of a murder mystery. "How are we gonna play without actually murdering each other though?" Kiba asked.

"Shikamaru's got that all figured out," Ino informed him and the rest of the group. "Shika, please explain."

Shikamaru yawned, muttering incoherent words before speaking up. "Basically, you'll first all get belts. The belts will have vibrators on them, which will tell who's murderer. I'll have a portable laptop that controls them so that it gives me a signal on who's murderer, plus there will be a sheriff as well. Demonstrations will be made once we're inside and you have the belts on. Man, explaining is such a drag. Let's all go inside first so Ino doesn't make me explain again."

Everyone chuckled before heading inside. A large box was placed near the door, which had many belts piled up inside. Connected to each belt was a gun in a holster, a walkie talkie with a medium-sized screen around the size of a phone, plus a small pouch for any materials. The belts were handed out and everyone strapped one on.

"Make sure the belt is somewhere close to your skin so you can feel the vibrations," Shikamaru ordered, "Now I'll explain. This is made with the newest technology. Basically, this laptop," He explained, picking up a laptop from the box, "Will have all the belt numbers inserted. I'll figure out which one of you has which belt after I explain. So, when I click choose murderer, you will feel a vibration. Don't make any facial expressions that could give you away, but in case you do, I'll make you all face a wall and not peek. Then I will click choose sheriff. I will announce both so you know which you are if you are one of them. Once both work, only the two of you will have activated guns. I suggest no one pulling out the guns unless necessary. Players, don't trust anybody. No one is your ally in this game until you know for sure they're innocent, and the only way to know is if they're considered 'dead', or a more appropriate word would be eliminated. Innocent people, there are hundreds of little cards hidden throughout the mansion. Your job is to hide, and seek these cards. Once you find one, swipe it against the little censor at the side of your gun. When you swipe the fifth one, your gun will turn on and be activated. Then, you are free to shoot the murderer, but try not to shoot anyone unless absolutely necessary. Sheriff, for every innocent you shoot, you have to recharge your gun with five cards. Innocents, for every innocent you shoot, you have to recharge your gun with five cards as well. Trust me, the cards aren't very easy to find, but if you managed to find more than five, yes you can 'stack' ammo in your guns. If murderer or anyone shoots you twice, you're dead, unless its the murderer being shot, which only takes one shot to kill. Murderer has unlimited 'ammo', but there is a ten second cool down. Gun shots won't be quiet at all, so you'll probably hear one from a good distance away, plus when you're shot, the small light on your belt will glow red. The walkie talkies are for communicating, but if you speak, all the walkie talkies will be alerted, including mine. There is a small light on your belt plus a camera, which allows me to monitor you all, so don't do anything sketchy. Please no making out either, no one wants to see that on camera-"