Chapter 26 | New Acquaintance Part 2

(A/N: I know this is a NejiTen book, but there needs to be more action, more drama, and a little more things to stir up, so I'll be adding a made-up character hehe. Don't kill me, I promise I won't disappoint later on in the book, but right now it's only, like, halfway done uwu. :3)

The next day at 3:29 in the afternoon, Tenten headed towards the elevator with the intention of getting a quick snack from the dorm lobby's cafe. She met the stranger in the elevator again. "How?!" She asked, chuckling in disbelief.

"Must be fate," He replied. 

Tenten quieted down for a moment. His words reminded her of...something. She couldn't quite put her mind on it though. His next question surprised her.

"Are you single?"

"Um...yeah, why?" Tenten replied softly.

"You want to go out for dinner tonight?" He asked.

Tenten thought for a moment. The guy, so far, was pretty nice, plus his offer was tempting. So...why not give it a try? "Sure," She replied.

He grinned. "The name's Aito by the way. Aito Suzuki."

"Tenten Mitarashi."

"Anko Sensei-" Aito began.

"She's my adoptive mother," Tenten explained.

"Ah, I see."

---

Aito drove the two of them to a restaurant, which seemed quite fancy. The waiter, unfortunately, was the flirty type.

When they sat down at the booth, he immediately tried to talk to Tenten, but Aito interrupted him. "Sorry, but my girlfriend is off limits."

The waiter apologized, quickly asking what they'd like to drink before leaving.

"So, I'm your girlfriend now?" Tenten asked.

He grinned in reply. "No, not officially...but you can be."

"So, you're asking me to be-"

"Yep."

"Then, uh, I guess so." Ino would be interested in such information, and Tenten decided that it wouldn't hurt to tell the group.

The rest of the dinner went pretty smoothly, the two chatting casually and getting to know each other. Aito even walked her back to her dorm door, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek before heading off, which flustered her a little.

As soon as she walked into the dorm in her flustered state, Neji gave her a look and asked, "Where were you? And why are you dressed like that..." 

Tenten looked down at her attire- a casual black dress and red heels. "I went out for dinner with a guy."

Neji frowned, but gave a quick nod. However, something about her words didn't sit well with him.