Chapter 24 | Pictures

Tenten woke up at noon in an empty dorm, since Neji was nowhere to be seen. She checked her phone and saw that Ino had texted her to meet in the lobby at 1:00 in the afternoon for a fall photoshoot. It was currently 12:40, so she hurriedly rushed to the closet to pick out something to wear. Ino had told her to wear something fancy, so she decided on a bright, mid-thigh red sweater with button decorations down the front. She made sure to wear shorts underneath, pairing the outfit with black thigh-high boots and a black jacket. After putting her necessities in a red purse that she had gotten on one of the trips to the mall, she headed down the elevator and into the lobby.

"Tenten, you look great!" Ino commented, grinning. She had on beige, thigh-high, open-toe boots with stiletto heels, a buttoned up blue denim jacket that was mid-thigh length, and a beige crossbody with a small tassel on the side. Her hair was down, something uncommon since it was usually up in a ponytail. Temari stood beside her, wearing an olive green sweater, the hem tucked into her black ripped jeans. She had on a black and white crossbody bag with flower designs on it.

Sakura and Hinata soon came out of the elevator. Sakura wore a pastel pink sweater, black leggings, light pink suede ankle boots with a low chunk heel, and a black purse in hand. Hinata had on a light purple sweater, the hem tucked into a midnight blue skirt that almost went down to the knee. She wore white knee-high boots with a low chunk heel and in her hand was a small white purse.

(A/N: Sorry if the outfits aren't to your liking, I literally made them up so I don't actually know how they'd look.)

The girls got into Ino's car, the platinum blonde driving to a park with lots of trees. The leaves were different shades of yellow, orange, and red, a beautiful combination of autumn colors. 

"Perfect for a photoshoot," Ino declared as she parked the car in a parking lot, the ground scattered with colorful leaves. They headed through the park on a paved path that curved around the many trees in the area, the grass on either side littered with leaves. Ino reached into her crossbody and pulled out an expensive-looking camera, winking. "I'll upload the pictures into the computer, transfer them to my phone, and send it to you all." She then pulled out some odd object from her crossbody, pulling one end out. "Retractable selfie stick," Ino explained, smiling, "Alrighty, group photo!" She connected the camera to the selfie stick.

The five of them huddled in front of Ino's camera. "Smile!" She commanded, and the girls did so. She pressed a small button on the handle and took a picture of them. After that, she explained, "I'll take a few pictures of each of you guys posing."

Temari went first, posing on the path a few times. Sakura went next, leaning against the tree trunks. After that, Tenten posed in between and under trees, Hinata threw leaves up into the air and Ino snapped shots of her while the leaves fell down around her. Sakura took pictures of Ino laying in a leaf pile.

Next, the walked a short distance to a pond near the path and took photos there, posing next to the water while holding leaves.

"Alright, now let's have some fun!" Sakura said, smiling as she pushed leaves into a pile. Temari began helping her, the two of them forming a leaf pile. Ino switched the camera to video recording and slow-motion filmed Sakura, Temari, and Tenten separately jumping into the leaf pile. Hinata stood to one side and giggled at the sight, but she declined the offer to jump into the leaves as well. Ino then stood next to the lake and attempted to slow-motion film a leaf falling into the water. A rock splashed into the pond a few feet away from her, causing the girls to all whirl around and see where it had come from.

On the path stood Karin, Ami, and three other girls.

"Why are we always running into them?!" Temari complained, scowling.