Atonement

Weeks had passed with the raid being a distant memory for all. The members of class 2-A had finally been met with a relatively calm school life with all things considered. Though the actual members of the League had not been captured, they would have a significant issue rising back to power after losing their newly formed Paranormal Liberation Front along with the doctor who had created all the Nomus that they had used. It was fortunate for the heroes that everything seemed to go off with very little difficulty for them if you don't count the heads of the League escaping. "Good morning class." "Good morning Mr. Aizawa." Class had started relatively normal for all with Eri sitting happily on her mother's lap today. "Today we will be going over your past training to see about where we can improve." Aizawa had handed every student some past evals him and the teachers watching them had made to see where they could change their style to better work against faults they had.

As this went on, All Might had come into the room with Nana and principal Nezu. "Mr. Midoriya, may we see you for a moment?" "Am I in trouble?" "No, it's only for something we need you to do for us. Please grab your things and follow us." Izuku did as he was told while following his mentor, grandmother, and the principal down the halls. "What is this about?" "We will discuss this when we get to my office. I do not wish for others to learn of this." The words of the small rodent were concerning to Izuku as they walked down the halls in complete silence. 'This has to be big if they're refusing to say anything. I wonder if this has something to do with AFO or the League?' Izuku followed the three until they were at the principal's office. Once inside, he was met by Endeavor, Tsukauchi, and the head of police Kenji Tsuragamae. "Nice to see you again One For All." Endeavor calmly greets Izuku while keeping a stoic look on his face.

"Now that everyone is here, please tell us what you have learned Mr. Tsuragamae?" "Yes, we have discovered the location of Tomura Shigaraki. He is in an abandoned warehouse alone from what we can tell." "We haven't made any attempts to catch him?" "Unfortunately no Endeavor, we're taking the utmost caution in dealing with him. We have already seen what Midoriya here can do and do not wish to test our luck with someone willing to break laws in order to get what he wishes." "Tenko..." Nana and Izuku held their heads down while thinking of the blue haired man knowing he may be too far gone for them to save anymore. "The reason we have Midoriya here is due to the fact this may get ugly and would rather someone who can stop this before it does." Tsukauchi walked over to Izuku while patting his shoulder. "Are you up to this? It's ok to say you're not." "No, I need to see this to the end. If we have a chance to stop the League, my willingness to handle this isn't something that should be brought into question." "Very well, I shall tell Aizawa that you shall be out of classes for the rest of the day. Please be certain to mentally and physically prepare yourself Midoriya." Izuku nodded at Nezu before turning to the police chief.

"Chief Tsuragamae? I'd like you to change my last name, it's best I further myself from any semblance of my biological father. I'm going to take my grandmother's surname of Shimura from now on. Actually I have a better idea, can you get me adoption papers?" "Why adoption papers?" "I never took All Might's last name when he married my mother. I'm going to have him legally become my father by having him sign it." Izuku explains before leaving the room. "Nice kid. Shame we looked at him as a threat." "Do not blame yourself chief Tsuragamae, I'm certain young Izuku didn't exactly think himself harmless to begin with. This is just how fate had dealt his cards with him playing them the best he can."

Timeskip to the warehouse raid

A steady pace of foot steps filled the abandoned warehouse where Shigaraki was residing. He didn't bother to hide; he remained in his place and continued to ponder the small hand he was holding. He was leaned up against a wall hugging his knees to his chest, it was a pose he was familiar with. He felt like he was a helpless child again and didn't bother to look up when the footsteps came to a stop. "Greetings once again Tenko Shimura." Izuku greets from behind his mask. Shigaraki looks up to see the same visage that he had seen of Hisashiburi all those years ago.