Chapter 12

*https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4J2Wb7xFrC0F51Zu1eqDc2?si=D1uK8peRTLCx4TNHEzYBdA*

“ Okay, I think these certificates should be enough. You need anything else?” Ara and Luna had been working on the portfolio for a whole day now and boy were they tired.
“ No thanks! I think this should be enough for Lionheart. What do you think?”

“ Are you kidding? Only an idiot wouldn't want you as their student.”
During the summer break, Luna decided she wanted to work in the same publishing company as her father, just that instead of being a  publicist, she wanted to be an editor.

“ Oh shoot, it's almost six. I better get going.”

“ Why? Where?”
She tripped over the center table, trying to come up with an explanation.
“ Umm, Sua and I had a..date.”

“ So you're really going with this
non-soulmate business huh?” This time Ara's tone was judgemental, rather curious.

“ Yeah, and I really love her Ara. I know this seems stupid-”

“ It's not.”

“ It isn't?”
Ara looked up at her best friend and smiled. She actioned her to sit down.
“ You remember my great grandma was still with us when we were seven?”

“ Yeah, I guess..”

“ That woman spent a hundred years with a man she loved, but it wasn't her soulmate. Only after he died of cancer was when she decided to find her peace.”

“ What do you-”

“ She killed herself. Neither of them died of a natural cause. This soulmate thing, it does gift you a normal human life but it isn't the only way to live.”
Luna was speechless. Even after being friends with Ara since childhood, she never heard this story.

“ People say, her actual soulmate found another woman. ”

“ You mean to say-”

“ That there's not just one in the world. Even if the possibility is close to zero...you and Sua's relationship might work out.”
Her face lit up. All this time her actions were criticised as irrational or even self harming. But in reality, they were very much valid.
This soulmate bullshit shouldn't have been her life goal afterall.

She left Ara's place with a glistening face. She was crying, but she was happy. Luna was halfway home, before her phone rang.
“ Hello?”

“ Change of plans. Meet me at Bennett's.”
Sua sounded in a hurry as she ended the call.
What did the elder have in her mind now.

Luna parked her car around the corner and walked her way to the cafe. The doorbell chimed as she walked in to find her girlfriend seated beside the jukebox.
Red.

FLASHBACK

Why are you so objective to wear this colour Euni?”
Luna was across the table with Eun Sung who was now making his wat towards her.
“ I'm not shy, it's just a special colour.”

“ So why not wear it?” Luna held Eun Sung's face in her hands as he pouted. He slyly managed to place a soft kiss on her forehead before locking her in his arms.

“ Okay, here's the deal. The next time I wear red, I'll directly propose you. ”
She swooned over his charming personality.

“ Why not do it now?”

“ Hmm, cause I wanna surprise you with my love?”
She giggled before answering,

“ Then I'll be waiting to see you in red.”

END OF FLASHBACK

Red, more like girl in red.
What do you think? I just chose it cause it was clean. Besides, it smells like you.” Sua rolled her tongue back in her mouth while questioning the younger about her outfit.
“ It looks great! You're beautiful.”
Her voice hitched but the other girl did not wonder why.

“ So your omma and I talked a little-”

“ Don't tell me she tried to poison you.”

“ What? No! That's diabolical! She wouldn't do that...would she?” Luna shrugged her shoulders almost sending Sua into a panic attack. She smirked at her face loosing its colour. Eventually, she couldn't hold her emotions and ended up bursting out in laughter.

The coffees were ready to go as they headed to the park. They passed the blooming lily pit, walked around the narcissus and tansy. Luna plucked a few camellia and made a flower crown out of it.
“ Here!”

“ But you made it.”

“ For you. They remind me of you. Red and moist.” This got Sua flustered as she kindly accepted the crown, placing it on her head.
They interlocked their fingers and strolled the night.
A slow melody played in the background as Sua offered her hand for a dance. As they laughed and jumped through the area, a glimpse of the past flickered in Luna's eyes.
She was in love with Sua. But that did not mean, she forgot him, Eun Sung. He was her past and he changed her. Whether it was for the best or worst, she didn't know. All she knew, was that she was here with her; Kim Sua,
The girl in red.

* Well that was sweet. Okay so big news, since you guys love your sua and luna so much, last night I decided to change the entire future story line. After a huge discussion with my editor and saptashree (told you I'd give you credit), I have decided to change it 360. I hope you guys like it and still keep supporting. Also, I may not post new chapter for a while. I'm not sure yet. So please forgive me. But I've got family issues. Anyways, don't forget to vote and yeah! I love you 😁✌💜*