Chapter 2

*playlist : https://open.spotify.com/playlist/591O9t7mvEvHOcuPhUKzIY?si=vl-wQHUqSbOFuQkqaDuh0A *

“Aish, my back hurts!”
“Really? Then should I carry you around like a doll that you are..?”- Jackson bats his dewy eyes at Ara while she melts all over his pretty boy charm.
“Ugh, I feel like throwing up. With the amount of cheese in that conversation, I can have a whole grilled sandwich along with my soup tonight.” Luna knew better than to question the affection of those soulmates but every once in a while, it was fun entertaining them.

“Luna, Ara and me are catching up on a movie before tonight's farewell. Wanna come with?”
“No thanks, I have prior engagements with my... family” - she smiled as they dropped her off at her place.
The lighting was dim everywhere; the northern winds non-existent. The World felt still and calm. You could sense the mist and soil that was latched onto the walls of her house. The backdoor opened up into a pavilion which seemed gloomy. It's only contrast- narcissus; the yellow flowers bloomed beside a bed of lilies.

“Unni! (Elder sister) You're home early.” A child's voice echoed inside the lifeless house. “I was gonna bake you a cake since you graduated but mum said buying you cupcakes was more efficient.”
Krystal Kim, the second sun of Luna's life. Sure she was only fourteen, but there was not a better family for Luna to rely on than her little sister.
“Yup that sounds like something she would say” - Luna smirked,
“ So where are the cupcakes?”
“ In the refrigerator, wait here I'll bring them out.”
Ever so often, her jumbled family found its way to normality and Luna appreciated it. 'Cause at the end of the day, no matter how different her parents were, they were soulmates.
They discovered each other during a college pride parade and have been ageing together ever since. The fact that her parents found each other in college and not high school (like almost every second person she's ever met) was the one string of hope which made her feel sanguine.

Mr Kim stepped out of his study into the eating place. “Congratulations love, you really looked like my daughter today.” - he said while placing a soft kiss on her forehead. “I would've driven you home-” he continued, “but I had to report early for the new press release.”
Mr Kim worked at a publishing company, assigned as the chief publicist. He wasn't much of a fixer like the editor in chief but atleast wasn't stuck as a scout. His dressing was never intrinsic, rather his wife's choice; and he trusted it completely!
Never questioned her choice of plaided ties or when she once tried to dress him up as a hobbit.
Krystal set the cupcakes on top of a counter while Mrs Kim poured out the Kombucha. Don't confuse her mid day drinking as an alcohol problem. She was quite poised like the Kims were; an occasional cut throat bitch no doubt, but that runs in the family.
Kim Luna settled down on a chair beside Krystal, her mother in front of her alongside Mr Kim.

“Aish, is blowing candles really necessary? It's not like today's my birthday.”
“ Of course it is! Unni, you completed a big step in your life, we have to celebrate it.”
“Wah! Look at you with a big mouth, determining the steps in my life. What do you think will be the next one huh?”
“ Finding a soulmate ofcourse. The sooner you find one, the sooner you move out. Do you know how much us sharing a room affects my social life-” - Luna shoved a huge cupcake in Krystal's mouth, silencing her completely. Mr and Mrs Kim smiled at their daughters cheeky behaviour. No camera is built well enough to capture the moments when joy reaches its peak. A happy memory that you wish to hold onto forever, but soon end up forgetting. How does one live a moment eternally?
You decide to cherish it forever.
No matter how big or small, you cherish it till its existence in memory.

The sound of lighting and rain drops hitting the ground interrupt their moment. Luna washes up and decides to go out for a while. “I'm headed to Bennett's before meeting up at Ara's for the farewell, don't wait for me.” She put on her headphones as she walked silently in the rain.
Bennett's coffees and cakes- a happy place to hangout with family and friends. She's been here ever since she could spell its name correctly. The chimes cling as she opens the door and gets comfortable at her favourite spot alongside the jukebox. A simple order of an iced Americano with two pumps of syrup, because there's no such thing as too sweet. It's her regular of course, it's the people who change everytime. Sometimes, it's her little sister who enjoys the cookies while Luna pretends to be cookie monster. Sometimes it's with Ara when they were too cracked up with school work. But mostly it was her alone. It's been that way for long... especially since HE left...

*I hope you liked this chapter, i tried to be as decriptive as I could be. Big shout out to my best friend 백치 for the proofreading. Constructive criticism highly appreciated!*