Chapter 21

“ Here it is, wisdom teeth removal. Kim Sua.”

“ WHAT? HOW?”

“ I don't know honey, ask your friend. Maybe she did not tell you about finding her soulmate already. Or worse, she figured it out now. Whatever it is, do be supportive.” the receptionist gave a smile as Ara stood there like a dummy.
Kim Sua found her soulmate? Is it Luna...can't be...well, does Luna know?
She was confused but aware of the right thing to do here. She had to tell Luna.

Luna finally texted her girlfriend and asked her out on a date. It had been sometime since the two went outside alone. She headed to the national library where the elder was already waiting for her. She was dressed in cargo pants and a tank top, looking beautiful as always. The younger parked her car, walking towards her girlfriend.
“ Are you feeling okay now? It's been two days since you've texted me.”

“ Just sick. Figured I didn't wanna bother you. ” She interlocked her fingers as they moved towards the counter. The library was lit with incandescent lights, giving it an overall rustic look. The books were classified on the basis on genres, alphabets, publishing, etc.

Luna actually had a project which required old records. So while she was busy looking through the records, Sua was taking a stroll around, Hiding her swollen face as much as possible. It had only been a day since she extracted her wisdom teeth. The pain started the day after she returned from the hospital. Confronting Mark turned the situation into an even bigger mess than it was. What she could not understand, was her fear to confront the younger about it. She had to think about the bigger picture; how this would affect her relationship with Luna, Mark's friendship. But above all she couldn't avoid the fact that,
Mark was her soulmate. The one she's meant to be with.
She loved Kim Luna, but her feelings with Mark were like a sudden outburst of emotions, and she couldn't control it. Even if she tried to repress it deep under her skin, it resurfaced stronger than before.
“ Here, I found this for you.” Luna spoke, handing out a book to the elder.
“ The time traveller's wife? ”

“ Mhmm, it's simple in language and a tragic Love story. Thought you'd love it.”
The story of two lovers unable to control their love life, classic. She turned a page or two while going through the book. Audrey Neffenger surely wrote a relatable book. One of the quotes followed as such,
I never wanted to have anything in my life that I couldn't stand losing. But it's too late for that.'
Ouch. That hit hard.

Luna's phone kept disturbing her, so she decided to put it on silent mode, before noticing her best friend's messages.

She could wait, that's what Luna thought before she put her phone on DND mode

She could wait, that's what Luna thought before she put her phone on DND mode. After almost an hour, they decided to leave for coffee. The girlfriends reached at Bennett's, ordering their usuals. Sua kept gazing at the younger, sometimes not blinking for long intervals.
“ What? ”
“ Nothing, just adoring what's mine.”
“ You have a lot of time to do that. We're not getting any older remember?” Luna joked, giggling as she gazed at the elder.

“ It was a joke. You can laugh.”
“ It's not. I know it hurts you baby girl...and I'm so sorry I'm the one who does that. I'm sorry for being this person who's not-”

“ Hey, hey! It's alright. I'm fine, honestly. It doesn't affect me anymore. I love you Kim Sua, so stop worrying. ” Her smile was reassuring, but it broke Sua's heart, mainly cause she knew she was gonna hurt her. If not now, then she'll break her heart so bad someday, that Luna will be confused which part of follow.
The Americano was cold, the espresso hot. Their contrasts were so vivid, yet so perfect together. Luna did not want to let go of the elder, but she wanted her to rest a little more. She noticed how swollen her face was, but assumed it was because she'd been sick. She turned her phone back on before her phone buzzed.

“ Who's that?” Sua questioned

“ Mark, he's coming over. ” Oh.
Sua's Mouth ran dry. She couldn't ask her to uninvite him but she was afraid.
“ What is he coming here for?”

“ He said he wanted to meet and talk, but since we're already here, I thought why not just invite him over.”
Sua kept fidgeting and squirming, wondering if she should just run before anything intense happens, but what if Mark tells Luna about them in her absence. She couldn't take that chance. A few minutes later, the boy walked in. He noticed the elder sitting beside Luna. He immediately wiped his sweaty palms on his sweats. He took a seat in front of the girls fixing his posture.
“ What is it that you wanted to talk about? ”

“ Umm, just a little private conversation. ”

“ Sua's alright. You can trust her, she won't say a thing. ” The younger stated, turning to the girl beside.
“ Yeah Mr fuck boy, say what you want. I'm sure I won't judge. ”
Her stare drilled holes in his face, changing his expressions from embarrassed and awkward to downright frightened. Luckily, before he was about to speak, Luna's phone ringed and she excused herself.

“ What the fuck do you think you're doing here Mark?”

“ Look, we can't keep it from her. I care for Luna, a lot. What we're hiding, it's fucked up man. ”

“ So you decided to blow it all up, behind my back? You must be really stupid, if you thought you could do that without me finding out. ”
She was in rage. Her outburst self explanatory, but that did not stop Mark from making her point.
“ I'm sorry, It's Ara. She wants to meet up, Says it's urgent. I have to leave. Mark could you please see that Sua gets home safe. ” She asked the boy, who was starring right at her.
“ Sure.” He nodded his head in agreement.
“ Oh, but what were you gonna say?”

Nothing at all.”

Luna left first, as Mark and Sua followed behind. She looked at the younger boy, before opening her mouth, “ We need to talk. Alone. ” He did not argue.

“ Okay, okay....I'm here. Now tell me what is it that you've been buzzing me about since two days. ” Luna asked getting settled. Ara locked her door, before getting close to the best friend.
“ Look, I really don't know if this is gonna be good for you or not, but as your designated best friend and forever care taker, I need to tell you. ”

“ Go Ara, you're scaring me. ”

Trust me honey, it is scary....it's about Sua. I think she might have found someone who is not you....her soulmate.”

* Yooooo!!! I really hope you guys are still into the story. I thought a lot about the plot line. Trust me, I'm not just bullshitting. Just wait, the bigger picture always makes sense. Please keep reading and don't forget to vote. I love y'all. 💜💜💜💜💜*