Chapter 22

*https://open.spotify.com/track/0UwQTbq7ZtBJ7v530mpaxP?si=n768uUgpTi-GfKi5o8KUNQ*

Silence.

The younger did not utter a single word for about five minutes. She was trying to grasp what she had just heard. Did she hear it right? Does it even make sense?
“ Why do you think so?” She questions Ara.
“ Remember the day I took my mother to the dentist's? She was there that day. I checked her appointment, it was for the removal of her wisdom teeth. And as much as the receptionist knew, it was her first time there. ” She waited for Luna but the younger was too scattered around to respond.

“ My guess is she did not want anyone knowing about it. That's why she placed an appointment far away. ”

“ Is that all? No other reason?”

“ Luna-sshi, did you even hear what I just said? YOUR KIM SUA FOUND HER SOULMATE. How can you remain so unaffected?”

“ I'm not calm...I'm confused... I knew there was something going on with her. All that time working, staying away, not texting-”

“ Wait a minute” Ara cut her off in the middle of her sentence.
“ You knew? You knew something was up but you did not tell me, or ask her?” She just murmured under her breath, almost gibberish. Ara tried to question her further, but Luna's brain shut down. She was wide awake in person, but deep asleep mentally. Suddenly, she snatched her phone out of Ara's hands, who was about to call Sua.

“ Stop. I need to meet her. ”

“ Have you lost your mind? I'm not letting you meet her till she begs-”

“ Then you're coming with me.” She didnt even let the girl respond as she started dragging her across the hallway holding her by her arms. Ara yanked her hand mid-way, looking pissed.
“ Yah phabo! Do you even know where she is right now?”
“ I do.”

Silence

Luna drove with dead expression for almost half an hour. When Ara asked for an explanation as to how she knew where the elder was, she unlocked her phone and showed some coordinates, the same which were punched in the GPS.
“ You're tracking her?!!? h..how do you even-”
“ She said, she had a habit of disappearing when she was in high school. I figured I didn't wanna take a chance. ”

“ How many times have you used this?”

“ Just once in a while. Look! It's useful now. ” A smirk formed on her face, but it wasn't normal.

“Psycho. ”

Mark picked up the clothes lying loose on the floor. He picked up a chair and placed it in front of Sua. He sat across from her.
“ This is how you stay?” The elder asked sounding extremely judgmental.
“ Hey! I'm a college boy with no roomate. I like to live comfortably.”
She rolled her eyes over him which made him suck a breath. He cleared his throat before asking her to continue the conversation. She immediately lost the shine in her eyes, waiting for the courage to build up.

“ I love Luna with all my heart. I don't want to hurt her. She's been nothing but kind towards me. When my mother gave her a hard time, she endured it. I drugged her once, she never spoke about it EVER. And now, sitting here...when I'm lying to her, she's still there believing me like an idiot.” Her voice started cracking up which made Mark anxious.

“ But even after all that, I can't help but feel this attraction towards you. It kills me that my thoughts are not under my control, my mind is infatuated with the idea of being with you. I kept reasoning with myself, that I could make this work. I could keep her and myself happy. But then you keep coming in the picture. And suddenly, Luna doesn't seem so hurt to me afterall. Our beautiful memories start diminishing and her imperfections start engraving in my thoughts. The time when she took her mother's side and stayed silent, when she priorities her friends over me. When she almost left me cause I was not her soulmate.
But I guess that's what happens when you fall out of love, you start noticing the person for who they are and not for who you thought them to be.”

Tears were forming in the corner of her eyes. Her words were torturous for one's own mind. She had to speak those syllables and accept that's what her brain and body wanted. Mark closed the distance between him and the elder as he pulled her into a hug, enveloping her body. He couldn't bear to see that look on her face, she was utterly disgusted in her own self.

“ Please stop crying...i..I understand noona. ” He spoke up. His words were trying really hard to comfort her, give her a sense of hope, but all hope was lost.
“ I think if we explain her-”

“ And that's how you find the lost girl.”
The boy pulled away from the whimpering girl, watching a figure standing in his door.

Loony...I can ex-”
“ Don't. Just don't ever call me that again Mark.”
Ara stood there, silently watching the trio eye each other. The scene was really painful to watch. Everyone was broken, everyone was hurt.

In a situation where two patients have an equal chance of survival, the doctor decides who gets the care, and who dies. But when lovers are at war, who can decide their fate?

“ Luna.. baby girl I have been nothing but true to you since day one. I swear I never intended for you to find out this way. I was gonna be honest with you-”

“ Don't use ‘honesty’ as your weapon Kim Sua, you'll loose. ” Luna's eyes were bloody, tears on the verge of breaking loose. Her voice was shaky, but her body was stiff. She cracked up in a laughter fit while addressing the only boy.
“ And you? Mark Lee... All this time I kept thinking I had someone to watch my back. But you were ready to stab me isn't it. Once a fuck boy, always a fuck boy. ”

The sky was golden outside, but there was not a single ray of hope in that room. Luna walked out of there and Ara followed behind. She ordered the soulmates to stay.
You know those times, when you feel like walking in a void of complete darkness and screaming; Sua's mind was that blank space. An empty hole with no thoughts of her own.

Mark held onto her as she dropped to her knees. He searched for the person she was, but there was nothing left.
“ Kim Sua please, get a hold of yourself. Wait here I'll get you some wate- ” She latched onto his shoulders, pulling herself towards his ear. He waited for her to speak coherently, but when she did, the devil spoke up.

“ Mark, fuck me.”

* And I oop- y'all we hit the rank of 122 last evening but then it suddenly dropped. Probably cause the people are not that interested in this story anymore. For those of you who are, please don't forget to comment and vote.
PS: I might release a double chapter tomorrow. So keep an eye.
Also, STAY GOLD RELEASED AND ITS FIYAAAAA! stream now! The link is provided on top. I love you  💜💜💜💜💜*