Eight

Eight
Easy

" I just like talking to someone who will tell me the truth"

Me: yea. On the way to the Ranch now

C: not at the Ranch. About to drop a pin

I sat in the car waiting for the pin. This situation with Charlie is crazy. Every time I hear anything about her and her story, I want to see her. It's like a train wreck I can't take my eyes off of.

Why me though?

We just met randomly and we've seen each other every day since. She also goes through all this trouble to make sure I'm around. Jason texted me that every since Mariah's plane landed in Houston he hasn't heard from her. The number he had for her wasn't in service anymore. If this was just a girl's weekend and we were just tasks to check off, why in the hell is she still wanting to see me?

My phone vibrated and I got Charlie's location. She was closer this time, but I didn't recognize the area.

20 minutes later I pulled into another isolated home. This one wasn't big and extravagant but it was still a very nice size. It was modern looking with a lot of windows. You could see the décor in the house from outside, but it didn't appear to have anyone in it. I walked up unsure if I was in the right place

This crazy ass nigga done hacked her phone and called me out here to kill me.

C: I see you. Code to the door is 0208. Come in

I stood in the driveway FaceTiming the number. Her face appeared.

"Why are you calling? Just come inside."

"I was making sure this was you and someone wasn't trying to kill me."

She hung up the phone. I walked up the dirt driveway and the door opened. Charlie appeared in the doorway with her hair in a loose ponytail. She had on a Baylor U T-shirt and shorts.

No makeup?

Messy hair?

No thigh high socks?

I walked into the house. It was decorated nicely with unique looking artwork and architecture. I followed Charlie up the stairs into a loft area. She sat down on a large sectional couch and got comfy. She didn't look up she just patted next to her signaling me to sit down.

"You look very comfy. No seduction today?"

"Don't start ok." I laughed and pulled her so that she was laying in my lap.

"Everyone went home. Why did you stay?"

She didn't respond.

"I seen the news. Is that why? You staying away from home?"