Chapter 9

Allison's POV – 1 week later

I've been avoiding the club like they had a disease.

I just had to get my mind right and try to figure out how I'm going to tell them. I was supposed to go on that lunch date with Ryan, but I've been avoiding it. I told him I was dealing with some things which wasn't a lie but not the full truth either.

At the shop, I try to avoid talking to Roadkill and some of the other guys.

But today I knew I wouldn't be so lucky.

I walked in and tossed the coveralls on over my black leggings and university t-shirt.

"ALLISON!" I heard Roadkill yell out my name.

I tensed but instead of running out the back door, I slowly made my way over to his office. When I walked inside, he shut and locked the door behind me.

"We need to talk."

I nodded unsure of what he'd want to talk about.

"Sit down." He said and I quickly dropped my ass into the chair.

"I'm going to ask you something Alli and I want you to be honest with me."

Could I be honest with him?

"I'll try."

"I don't need an 'I'll try' Allison. I need a yes."

"Fine, yes."

"Did you have something to do with Ranger being locked up?"

My mouth fell open and nearly hit the ground. My heart started beating 100 mph and I felt my vision blur.

How the hell did he know?

I just stared at him in shock.

"Alli."

I bit my lip and looked at the concrete flooring.

"Yes." I finally managed to say.

He let out a deep breath.

"What happened?" He asked.

I shot me head up.

"I swear I didn't know! It was shortly after I started working here. My mother hated that I worked here but I thought she would be proud of me with how much I was progressing and how much I was learning.

I was talking about how I was working on Rangers car. Chuck was there with his parents and Chucks father was the one on his case.

I guess the day that I said I was working on his truck was the day that he said he was out of town or something. I guess Chucks father asked my mother to get me to write a statement. So, my mother was showing me extra attention, telling me all these things and she had me write that day down. When Ranger showed up, what I did to the vehicle and when he picked it up.

I did what she wanted because it was the first time, she ever seen like she cared. But she cared for all the wrong reasons. She wanted me to betray the club that way I would leave. But I didn't even know what I did until later."

"What do you mean?" He asked.

I let out a breath.

"It's why I left. My mother visited me at school. She told me that she wanted me to leave Reaper. I laughed in her face and told her no. Then she showed me the paper I wrote on Ranger. On the top of the baggie it said, 'Evidence D'. I was so confused."

It wasn't the only reason. But he didn't need to know the other reason.

"You didn't know what she did?"