Chapter 13

Reaper's POV

Virus was able to pull up camera footage of the incident in less than 24 hours. We were now in Church about to watch it.

"Before I press play . . . . I need you all to understand that you're not going to like what you see." Virus said.

"Just play the damn video." I said.

He took a deep breath and pressed play. It was her walking down the street and you can tell the moment she got frightened. She picked up her speed until a man came out of the alley and pulled her against him.

The angle was a bit shitty and we couldn't see any faces.

They started hitting her until more men came out the other end of the alley. The man that was holding her dropped her to the ground and used his knees to hold her hands above her head.

But she still fought back. Her body was flailing every which direction and it looked like she managed to kick the big one a few times before he stood over her. We saw something glisten in his hand as he used it to trace her body.

Then he completely ripped her shirt open.

I couldn't continue to look. I had to look away. I saw Kraken's eyes meet mine before he went back to watching the video.

"SHIT!" One of the prospects in the back room said.

I turned to look back up and I saw her pants still on but the man who was holding her was no on his ass holding his face.

Except the large man was now holding her up against the wall by her neck. Her feet were kicking but you can see the fight was slowly leaving her.

Just then another shadow appeared shooting at the men as they disappeared down the other end of the alley. She was now passed out on the floor as the man came over and checked her pulse. He turned around with his gun pointed up but instantly put it down.

He had picked her up and carried her off camera.

The room was silent.

"She is one hell of a fighter." Goat said.

I was shocked and angry.

How dare they touch her like that. But I stayed calm. I needed to keep my head focused.

"Were you able to find anything on those men?" Kraken asked.

Virus shook his head no.

"It was like they disappeared. But I did find something interesting. Earlier that day, Detective Johnson showed up at her school.

I talked to the librarian and she said they had a little bit of an altercation.

"Altercation?" Vulture asked.

"She was walking away from him when he grabbed her up by the arm."

"Do you think they're connected?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. But it can't just be a coincidence that the minute he shows up and gets a bit aggressive with her and later that day she's attacked in an alley. Plus, it had to be planned. Why else would it take that many men to get her. She's tiny." He said.

He had a point. It was a planned attack and she was definitely their target. Now, we just had to find out who the hell they are and what they want from Alli.

Four days later

I was walking into the hospital with her favorite flowers in my hand.

I told the guys I was going to the gym which was the plan until my body took over and I ended up at the floral shop and walking to her hospital room.

The whole place smelled like bleach and antibacterial hand soap. I walked to her room and saw her attached to a bunch of tubes. The bruises on her neck were now a bluish-purple, her head was wrapped in gauze and her lips looks chapped.

I put the flowers on the stand next to the bed and I went to the side of her bed. I grabbed her hand which was freezing. I grabbed another blanket off the end of the bed and laid it over her.

It was hard seeing her like this. Regardless of everything that happened she did have a special place in my heart.

While I was standing there someone barged into the room. The first thing I saw was the pregnant belly and then I made eye contact with Roxanne Riley. She looked at me shocked and then down to the person lying on the bed.

She immediately started to cry as she walked over to her and cried on Allison's chest.

"W-what happened?" She asked me.

"A mugging off campus. Her boss at the auto shop found her." I replied.

"Why weren't we notified?" She asked wiping her tears and now she was looking at me angry.

"I'm not sure. Her emergency contact was Nancy and Rhodes."

She looked shocked.

"My parents have always been her contact before."

"She said something about having a falling out with your parents. Maybe she changed it."

"I haven't seen her in a couple months. I tried reaching out to her, but she wouldn't respond. Do you know why she is ignoring me?" Her tears started up again.

I can't handle pregnant women.

"Uh, we aren't exactly on great terms either."

"Then why are you here?" She snapped.

"Because even on bad terms your sister means a lot to me."

She rolled her eyes.

"She left because of you."

I stood there shocked.

"What do you mean?"

"You were the reason she left. I watched her pack with tears in her eyes and she said she had to leave. That you were the reason she was leaving."

"Me?"

But that doesn't make sense. She told us that she left because the detective was threatening to take down the club. What was she leaving out?

My phone started to ring, and it was Kraken.

"Look, Roxanne. She didn't want your parents to know she was here. I trust that you will keep it to yourself."

She looked conflicted but then she nodded.

"Thanks."

I went to leave but she stopped me.

"My sister loves you or maybe it's loved now, I don't know. But when she met you her face lit up differently. It was even brighter than when she talked about all her mechanical bull. I don't know what happened with the two of you but when she wakes up, I think you two should talk. I can see how much you care about her by the look in your eyes and my sister deserves true love. And if you can't offer that, make sure she knows that."

My phone started to ring again breaking up whatever moment little miss perfect and I were having.

I answered my phone and made my way into the hallway.

'We got a lead.'