Chapter 29

Allison's POV – A month after being rescued

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

For fuck sakes shut that damn beeping off.

I went to open my eyes, but my lids felt heavy. I went to rub the sleep from my eyes but it was like I had no control over my body.

What the hell was going on?

I went to lick my lips only my mouth felt like the Sahara Desert. What was going on?

I tried to open my eyes again but all I could feel was them twitch. I was starting to get anxious. Why can't I move anything?

"Allison? Are you awake?"

Reaper?!

The beeping started getting louder and faster.

"Shh. You have to calm down Allison. Calm down. You're fine."

If he's here that must mean I'm fine.

I tried to open my eyes again just to be disappointed when they barely open. Just a sliver of light came through.

I let out a groan before trying again.

This time they opened, and I took in a good look of the room but the light was just too bright and I immediately closed them again.

"Hold on." He said. "Okay try now."

I opened my eyes again and the room was darker. He turned the light off and closed the blinds a bit.

I took a look around the room again and my eyes met his.

He looked terrible. His eyes were dark and droopy, his hair was disheveled and greasy, his clothes were wrinkled and he looked like he been crying.

"Rea-." Was all I got out before my voice went out.

He went to the minifridge took out a water and grabbed a straw before putting it to my lips.

"Here."

He pushed a button near my head that I assumed got the doctor.

A man in his mid-thirties entered the room with a smile.

"Good to see you awake Ms. Riley. I'm Dr. Sullivan."

"Hi." I squeaked out.

"I'm going to check a few things and ask you some questions okay?"

I nodded as he started checking a few things. I looked at Reaper who wouldn't stop looking at me.

It must've been bad. I don't remember much after story time and the food Necro gave me. But his promise lingered in my mind, so I'm sure it wasn't pretty and if I can't remember there's a reason.

"Okay. What is your name?"

"Allison Riley."

"Do you know where you're at?"

"South Carolina."

"Do you know what year it is?"

"Figuring I wasn't out for a year, I'd say 2019."

The doctor smiled.

"What is the last thing you remember?"

"Eating celery and carrots with ranch as Necro talked to me."

He nodded as he wrote some things down on his clipboard.

"Alright. Now, I'd like to talk to you about a few things but I'm not sure if you'd like him to stay in here with you." Dr. Sullivan said bluntly.