Chapter 20: The Drill

Two Episodes. "It Could Have Been Great" and "Message Received" but written differently.

3rd Person P.O.V.

The gems have almost finished construction for the drill. They got the drill head from an injector from the Prime Kindergarten. The drill just complete but it needs to know where to go in order to operate.

Fortunately, Pearl explained that there's a Diamond Base on the Moon. Lion can warp them to the Moon. Steven managed to convince him by saying the Cluster would take away hid naps. They warped to Moon within almost a minute.

Lion was tuckered out. Steven was petting him, thanking him for his hard work.

(Pearl) We made it.

The gems allowed their gemstones to glow like flashlights. Steven also felt the lack of gravity at his feet. He can float.

Steven jumped a little to see if he can actually float and, believe it or not, he did.

(Amethyst) Ooh! I wanna try!

She tried floating, too, but she immediately fell back to the ground like there was gravity here.

(Amethyst) Hey! Why can't I float?

(Peridot) We're gems. We're a space-faring race designed to conquer other worlds. Our physical forms adjust automatically to the gravity of any planetoid.

(Amethyst) Aw, lame.

They went up the stairs to find what they're looking for.

(Peridot) This is so incredible! Only the most elite of the elite can enter these sanctums. We are literally walking in the footsteps of the Diamonds.

They passed by a room on the way up but Garnet quickly reminded everyone that they're not here for a tour, they're here to find the Cluster's coordinates. They went to the top of the stairs and they assumed this was the room they're looking for since Peridot was geeking out.

(Peridot) Oh, my goodness! This looks like it could be brand-new! I mean, it's a relic by today's standards, but, golly, it's so elegant, so simple, so perfect!

(Amethyst) So, how do you turn it on?

(Peridot) I have no idea.

She was observing a control panel. Steven found a chair that had controls on the arms of it. He sat down on the chair to relax at the moment and to get a better look at the controls. Steven pressed a button and the panel lit up.

Peridot instantly turned around and freaked out.

(Peridot) You can't sit there!

(Steven) Why not?

(Peridot) That chair is only for the most elite gems! You can't go around sitting where an elite would sit!

(Steven) But they're not here now, are they?

He made a point. He scoots to the side and allowed Peridot to sit up there. Peridot felt honored sitting on that chair, even though Homeworld wouldn't, possibly, allowed her to sit on that chair.

Steven picks up a cubic diamond.

(Steven) What's this for?

(Peridot) Put that back!

Steven returned the item where he found it. Peridot acrivated the panel via chair and used it to find the Cluster. The Cluster was located in the Mantle below the surface.

(Peridot) All we need to do is feed this data to the drill, and we should be all set.

(Pearl) That's it, then! Mission accomplished!