Chapter 31: Volleyball

"Volleyball" but written differently.

3rd Person P.O.V.

It had been a week after the incident with the injector. The mess and damage was repaired, quite wasily with Spinel's stretching powers. She had been living in the guest room inside the beach house since there's no room for her in the Temple.

Today, she was at Little Homeworld to see all sorts of things. Steven was outside on the porch, leaning on the railing while looking at Little Homeworld from a distance.

(???) Excuse me?

He moved his head to look at who called out to him. He saw a pearl, but she was pink and half of her left face was scarred. Steven remembered seeing her a little bit after he saved Homeworld.

She was controlled by White Diamond back when everyone thought Pink was shattered.

(???) I heard that you might be able to help me with this.

She pointed at her left side of her face.

(Steven) You came to the right place. Wait here.

He went inside and came back out a few minutes later with vial of healing water from the fountain.

(Steven) Keep still.

She stood very still as he poured a little on her gem which is on her stomach. She shivered a little as it went down her gem and onto her legs before evaporating into her form.

(???) Did it work?

Her face remained the same.

(Steven) Maybe apply directly to the injury.

She closed her eye as he poured more of it on her face to see if it could seal the cracks. It didn't. Steven took a look at the water.

(Steven) This usually works.

He did a stupid thing by cutting his wrist on the sharp edge of the railing. Her expression quickly rose to a panic.

(Steven) Don't worry.

He pour the rest of the water on the wound and watched it heal back to normal.

(Steven) I guess it's not the water. I'm sorry if it's a sore subject, but can you remember anything that happened while you were under White Diamond's control?

(???) Nope, 8,000 years just, blip, gone!

(Steven) You must not remember getting the crack?

(???) Oh, no, this is from before.

(Steven) White damaged you before she controled you?

(???) What? Oh, stars! What a misunderstanding. This is is all Pink Diamond.

(Steven) Pink...

He tried forgetting about her. Pink wasn't a name he liked to hear.

(???) Is everything all right?

(Steven) Yes, but this isn't about me. Do you know where pearls were taken when they needed maintenance or repair?

(???) Yes, the Reef.

(Steven) Can you show me where it is?

(???) Sure, follow me.

She lent him her hand to hold while they walked and he took it. As they were walikng she spoke to him.

(???) In case you were wondering what you can call me, you can call me Pearl.

(Steven) Well, that might be difficult since I know three other pearls.