Chapter 23: Mystery

"Alone at Sea", "Gem Hunt", and "Crack the Whip" but written differently.

3rd Person P.O.V.

A few days later after the incident with the roaming eye, Greg has some good news to share with Steven.

(Greg) Steven, I got something I wanna tell ya!

(Steven) What is it?

(Greg) I'm rich!

(Steven) What? How?

(Greg) Okay, so my old manager, Marty, when I used to be a rockstar, came into town for a short visit at the Carwash. He told me he was legally forced to give me some of the profit he made with my songs and merch. He said it was "small" but I don't think $10,000,000.00 is small!

(Steven) That's great, Dad. Is there going to be any changes I should know about?

(Greg) Eh, nothing much. I'm still keeping the Carwash opened because it's what I do best, besides singing. I guess I could use the money to help upgrade the place a bit. But we can go out on a vacation or something. Since you've been going on missions non-stop, you deserve a break.

(Steven) I guess I could take a day off. What are we doing?

(Greg) I'm glad you asked. Look over there!

He pointed to the ocean and Steven saw a small cruise ship.

(Steven) You bought a boat?

(Greg) Correction: I rented a boat. I may be rich, but buying a boat would be going a bit overboard.

(Steven) I knew you were going to say that.

Greg laughed.

(Greg) Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go have fun! I already got our luggage so all we gotta do is get to the boat.

On their way to the boat, Lapis appears to be flying in the sky and when she spotted Steven, she flew to him.

(Lapis) Steven, where are you going?

(Steven) To that boat. Don't worry, nothing bad is happening. I'm just spending a day out in the sea to relax.

(Lapis) Oh, okay. Can I come with you?

(Steven) I thought you were taking a break from water.

(Lapis) I was but I think I'm getting over it. Besides, I feel safer with you..

(Steven) Okay, you can come. But I don't want you to come if theres anything you're not okay with.

(Lapis) It's fine. I should be fine, it's just water.

(Steven) Okay then, let's go.

At the boat

Steven, Lapis, and Greg were relaxing on the boat while they drifted aimlessly away from Beach City. Steven taught Lapis how to fish, shuffleboard, and even honked the horn on the boat for fun. It was a great day so far.

Steven and Lapis were relaxing on beach chairs until suddenly the boat shook and stopped for a brief moment and then it resumed drifting.

(Lapis) What was that?

(Greg) (distant) Steven! You got a moment?

Steven got up and went to where his Dad was.

(Steven) Is everything okay, Dad?

(Greg) Shh! You hear that?

...

(Steven) No.