Chapter 26: Space Prison

"Steven's Dream", "The Zoo" (Partial), & "That Will Be All" but written differently.

3rd Person P.O.V.

I'm so sorry...

I shouldn't have left you here...

If only you were ready...

If I knew how to fix you, I would...

But I can't...

(Greg) Steven?

Steven was awake.

(Greg) You okay, bud? You fell asleep during the movie. I was gonna let you sleep, you looked peaceful, but then you started crying, and that was less peaceful.

Steven took his hands to his face and felt tears, why was he crying and what was that dream he saw? It wasn't like anything he seen before.

(Steven) I'm fine. My dream wasn't really anything, I don't even know what it was.

(Greg) Okay, but are you sure you're okay?

(Steven) Yes, I'm fine.

(Greg) Alright.

Later

Steven was asleep on his bed, waiting for morning to rise.

Why did it happen?

Why couldn't it be me instead?

I wish things were different...

Steven woke up, tears streaming down his face. Why was he crying? He quickly wiped the tears away to make sure no one else sees them.

10 Minutes later

Steven borrowed a book from the Library. "Buddy Budwick's Journal". A historical book about the various locations that were here before Beach City was built.

Steven flipped through some pages as they were gem places and he had already seen them before. He then stopped at The Palanquin. It matches the Pink Palanquin he saw in his dreams.

This has to mean something if he keeps seeing it. The gems came back from the Warp Pad and Amethyst hopped in front of him.

(Amethyst) Whatcha looking at, Steven?

(Steven) Do you know what this is?

(Amethyst) Hmm, no clue.

(Pearl) Let me see.

Pearl saw what he was looking at.

(Pearl) It appears to be an illustration on a journal.

(Steven) ...I noticed... What is the illustration?

(Garnet) You can't go there!

...

(Steven) Why not?

(Amethyst) Yeah, why not?

Garnet didn't respond.

(Steven) I thought you said you were going to be honest with me, like you said two weeks ago. Does this have to do with Pink Diamond? I know she was shattered by Rose Quartz, what is it about this that you can't tell me?

(Garnet) Please, you're making Pearl very upset. We're not going. Rose never wanted you to see this place.

(Steven) Does that override what I want? I'm tired of you lying to me! If you not going to help, I'll do it myself.

He went outside, his armor is in his father's van inside a suitcase. He was reading more about The Palanquin and it's location.

(Garnet) Steven, don't go. You have to trust me.