CHAPTER 27

"Tell me, Scarlet" he said.

He did not beg but his voice were full of please.

I was sitting in his bed while he is standing in front of me looking straight to my eyes.

Nang makauwi kami kanina ay tinawagan niya si Ez at sinabihan na pumunta dito at bantayan saglit si Zef. Si Zef naman ay nasa sariling kwarto niya naglalaro ng biniling laruan ni Phoenix.

"It... Its true" nakatungo kong sabi.

I heard him gasped.

"I... Lost his twin the day I left and two weeks passed before I knew it." mahina pero sapat iyon para marinig niya. Though, he didn't said anything so I continue. "It was so painful to lost one of our angels but I was thankful to still have the one of them, anyway. I didn't know what's the gender but I was sure that its a she so... I name here *sniff*" napatigil ako sa pagkwento dahil sa pagsinghot. "Zephyra Trinity" tiningala ko siya.

"Coleman" dugtong ko.

And for the second time. He gasped.

Yeah. I used his last name in my little angel's grave. Lucas, Tiffany and Marjorie didn't know about it because I keep it a secret, they only knew was that I name her after mine. That's why no one knows about Zef's father.

"C-coleman" utal niyang usal.

Tinanguan ko siya. "After, we buried her, we flew to Canada and live there" pagtatapos ko.

Isang mahabang katahimikan ang namayani sa buong kwarto at tanging pag hinga lang namin ang naglililkha ng munting ingay.

"Why you left?" Maya mayang tanong niya.

Bumuga ako ng hininga bago sinalubong ang tingin niya.

"Because of you" biglang nanginig ang boses ko.

Reminiscing the day where he cheated on me was like yesterday's happened. He told me he loved me and I believed on that but I was completely wrong. Because I loved him too much, I forgot that he loved someone and he cheated with his love.

"I don't know what I did, Scarlet please tell me" he said and sit beside me.

"I..." I paused as I felt a lamp on my throat. "Saw you with her"

"Who?" Salubong ang kilay niya.

"That woman! I saw you both! On the library!" I burst.

Lalong nagsalubong ang kilay niya at tinitigan ako ng mariin.

"I was looking for you that day, Scarlet because my men told me that you fucking run away, crying! I was so fucking worried and mad because you left me without saying a fucking goodbye!" He said. "I asked Jenny if what happened before that but she don't fucking know! What happened, Scarlet?" Marring tanong niya.

"Ano nga bang nangyari sa library, Phoenix?" Nakangisi man ay ramdam pa rin ang sakit sa boses ko.

He answered. "I was not home when you left, Scarlet" nagulat ako sa sinabi niya.

What does he mean?

Umiling ako. "Liar! You always lie to me!"

"I didn't lie to you, Scarlet not even a single chance"

"Eh yung sa Maldives? Akala mo di ko kayo nakita nung babaeng kalandian mo? Di ko kayo narinig nung gabing nakatulugan ko ang paghintay sayo sa sofa? Your are so sweet towards her that even you're damn tired you still chose to go to her because she fucking missing you!" Puno ng hinanakit ang boses ko habang naguunahan naman ang mga luha ko sa pag agos. "Eh yung naabutan kitang may katawag dito mismo? Wag mong sabihing hindi siya yun dahil kahit di mo man banggitin ang pangalan niya, alam kong siya yun! You said you have emergency in your company and I nodded but damn I know to myself that your gonna go to your woman!" Humagulhol ako ng iyak.