Chapter ten: The run-away

Winter grabbed qibli once they arrived at the stronghold. "Qibli, come with me" he pleaded

"where?" Qibli asked, searching his face "is it far?"

Winter thought for a moment "Not far, we have to meet someone"

They flew for ours, and soon arrived in the icy lands near the great ice cliff. They flew down to the ground near a rock, talking casually. 

"Winter, banished icewing from before my own time" Said a voice from above "Qibli, Adopted son of Queen thorn, 'idiot clawmate' to Winter"

"Y-your highness!" Winter bowed, his nose touching the ground, qibli did the same.

This dragon was Queen Snowfall's son's daughter. She was half nightwing, half icewing. Her parents were Permafrost (Icewing-Nightwing hybrid that looks full icewing) and Prince Frostbitten. She looked almost full nightwing with only a few icewing features.

"Queen Snowdrop" winter arose "This is my mate, Qibli" 

Qibli flinched yet smiled. "Your Majesty"

"Hm, Winter, you requested to see your family" Winter nodded, Snowdrop sighed "You'll have to come with- snowstorm, we better move qiuck"

Queen Snowdrop opened her wings and- closed them, looking straight at Qibli. Winter gasped, Qibli was shivering like a earthquake.

"We cant take him over the cliff" Showdrop sighed, AGAIN "Leave him here, we'll be back for him.

"wait- dont go" to late, they were flying away.

Qibli couldn't breath any fire, his jaws were frozen shut.  he tried to scream, tried to wisper, but then buried himself in snow

- - - - - - - - -

Winter flew over the cliff, glad to see the familiar sights of the Ice Kingdom. he felt sorry about leaving qibli, he thought his parents would come out to great him.

"We're almost at the castle" Snowdrop said, touching the fire red necklace around her neck.

"Whats with the necklace?" Winter asked "it looks skywing"

"My- well, i dunno if she still is, but my girlfriend before i was queen gave it to me, her name-" Snowdrop flew into the courtyard and whispered "Princess Ember of the SkyWing's"

Winter stepped back, shock and horror written on his face. Princess Ember, ruby's only daughter, born with very little fire, mean sense the great war of Skywings and icewings.

"Ember" Winter mumbled "the only dragon in the world able to bring dragons back from the dead, only dragon ever to have little fire" Winter breathed in (for they do not know about Sky: Dragonslayer)

"Hush Winter, im trying to forget her" They walked down to the throne room "Hailstorm go get your family"

Hailstom bowed and flapped away. "We wait now" Snowdrop sighed