Chapter thirteen: Pranks and Proposals

Midnight. it was a few minutes away.

Qibli was chatting with Thorn and Sunny. Shimmer was playing with his friends. Winter was litterly dying.

"Sunny, how is the new scholars?" Qibli asked "it sounds great" he smirked

Sunny laughed "They are a bunch of-"

Suddenly, bursts of color exploded in the air. Thorn threw more flowers up in the air and breathed fire apon them.

"THEIR CALLED FIREWORKS!" thorn called through bursts of flames. 

Qibli glanced at Winter, he was silently chatting with Tundra. Qibli walked over and lightly placed his talon on his sholder.

looks kinda scared, spooked at my touch... what did Tundra tell him to do? 

Winter jumped around, smilinig psychotically. "hi Qibli!"

"Winter? you ight?"

(I thought i should put this in, when Moon died, Qibli and Winter lost there Skyfires)

Shimmer turned around, his face clenched in pain. he looked at Winter and mouthed "Hush" at Qibli.

Qibli looked back at winter, then noticed a small gleam from his talon. 

f.u.d.g.e Qibli jumped back and stared at Winter.

Winter held up the tiny jeweled ring. Qibli about burst.

"So- erm, im not to good at this?"

"If this is what i think this is, then yes" Qibli stepped forward

"Y-yes it is" Winter stuttered and threw the ring at Qibli.

Qibli slipped it on and glanced at shimmer, mouthing "you knew about this?". shimmer nodded.

Winter let out a huge breath as a few dragons started clapping and whistling. Qibli looked up, feeling eyes on him. no one was there.

Moon... Qibli thought, If your up there, please send me a sign your blessing is with us 

A shooting star flew across the sky. "Well, that seems like a sign" Qibli laughed "Winter, This night has been amazing" he flung his arm around winter

"Ew, touchy feely" Winter snorted "ive not changed that much" He mocked

"I know silly" Qibli leaped aside "Im still a silly sand-snorter"

Shimmer skipped over "Sooooo!" He cried "Are we moving to the sand palace Winter?"

"i did not think of that" Winter said regally "So probably" 

Qibli laughed "We can move into a HUGE room!" He extended his arms wide "BEAUTIFUL window! Shimmer, you can move into your own room!"

Winter snorted again "dont forget Thorn stalking us" he kept a straight face for only a second, then burst out laughing "it will happen"

turtle walked over Quietly. He smiled slightly, glancing at Winter. He grabbed Qibli and pulled him away.

"So um, bad news" Turtle said. he held up his talons to his eyes.

Qibli gasped, they were RED?! "What does it mean?"

"My animus power is... almost gone" He said "Im going to use the last of it to make you an animus, your dream"

"Wont that make you evil?" Qibli asked

"No, i turned it on itself, it goes away when i use it" He mumbled and snatched Qibli's talon "I enchant Qibli of the sandwings to become an animus dragon"

Qibli stared at his talons. he touched a stick and mumbled "I enchant this stick to become a female scavenger child" 

The stick popped and shifted into a small female scavenger. Qibli picked it up and ran over to winter. 

"This is for you, Winter" he held out the small scavenger "Happy- err- snowparty?"

Winter held it up to his eyes, bursting with joy "Cute!"