Chapter 20: Moonwatcher

Qibli layed his son's body in the dirt and stood up. 

"Prepare to DIE" Qibli turned to the huge dragon and sunk his claws into the massive chest.

nothing happed.

Thats when the army of animus dragons fell from the sky. "Kill darkstalker! save MoonWatcher!" the cried

The body of darkstalker cried in pain as it shrunk into the limp body of Moonwatcher.

"Q-qibli?" Moonwatcher opened her eyes "I-is that you?"

Qibli couldnt look at her. he turned to his son.

"Shimmer!" Winter cried, flapping down from the animus crowd

The two dragons watched the slow breathing body of their son.

Moonwatcher stood up. "Im so sorry! did i do that? Clearsight no!" Moon rushed over

Qibli rested his talons on shimmers side. Moon did the same. Winter did not wanna be left out, so he did the same.

"D-dad" Shimmer looked up "did i do it?  did i distract him?"

"Yes! oh yes you did you brave little hybrid!" Winter gave him a hug

Shimmer sat up. "Auntie Moon? you have a lot of explaining to do"

---

a few days later, everyone went into thorns palace to celabrate.

"All hail prince Qibli of the sandwings! our brave savoir!" Dragons cried

Shimmer smiled up at Qibli "all hail dad!" he laughed

Winter came up and nudged Qibli's sholder

This is right... i dont need Moon... i just need Qibli  Winter thought, smiling at the sand dragon.

Moonwatcher noticed her mother and a tiny dragon walk in. "mother?!" Moon cried

Secretkeeper, Moon's mother, ran over and hugged her dragonet. "oh moon! meet your little brother, Cometchaser" she nudged the tiny dragonet forward.

"h-hi moonie" He mumbled

Winter turned his head and was face to face with turtle. 

"Winter, please dont be mad" he said "but my daughter is in love with your son" he looked over at the tiny rain-sea dragon who had begun to tackle Shimmer.

winter smiled. His life was better then it had ever been... or so he thought...

a year later, Prince Shimmer of the Ice and SandWings... was kidnapped...

The End

Read book two: MoonWatchers calling.