chapter 17: Qibli's disaster

It was here. the worst day of Qibli's life.

Thorn had told him it was true, Winter had fallen for Moon. Shimmer had not left his side for two days, he kept close. Winter had not been seen for the two days, but finally the day was here, Moon and Winters wedding. Qibli had been invited, but he could not stand to see the the two dragons he loved be together. 

Qibli glanced outside, in the courtyard. "that was suppose to be me and winter in two weeks..." he sighed

Shimmer rested his head on qibli's shoulder. "Im sorry, Moon is insane sense she came to life... she has demanded to have every animus in the world to attend" 

Qibli felt the way he had the days after moon died, and the days and months and years he was away from Winter. "lets go visit my mother, she's is in the dungeon" Qibli said. he needed to see one of the dragons he was related to.

they made their way sadly to the dungeon. at least five SandWings stopped them to say sorry about Winter's sudden change of plans. he said thank you and continued to walk.

they arrived in the dungeons and walked over to Cobras cell. "Hi mother"

"Qibli, what do you want, worm" she hissed "No one has fed me in TWO days!"

"Im sorry mother... its because of something that just happened... it shook the entire tribe" Qibli sighed "Remember the flashy IceWing i took with me to see grandfather?" 

"That Winter dragon?" she thought out loud "He was very handsome" 

"yeah, and he was my-" Qibli sucked in a huge breath "Boyfriend..." 

Cobra laughed "Awesome, i shipped it when ive been down here!" 

Qibli about burst into tears, Shimmer hugged him "Well, Moonwatcher, the dragon i was dating for a few years, just came back to life, and she took him from me..."

Cobra stopped laughing, genuinely surprised "What? im going to murder them both!" she hissed "Sure i hate you, but im the only one who gets to hurt your feelings!"

"Ma'am, Cobra, i'm their son Prince shimmer" Shimmer bowed, his glasses slipped down his snout "Great to meet you"

"Oh, thats special" Cobra finally seemed to notice him "How is that possible small dragon?"

"I was made by magic" he said "hah, long story short, Moon died, i was created by magic, i ran away, i came back, winter and qibli got together, then this happened"

Cobra reached her talon through the bar and held Qibli's talon "Son, im sorry" she spoke in a soft, kind tone

"thank you mother" he mumbled

"Ive changed sense THORN kept me in here, can i come out for a bit to hang out with you?" she asked

Qibli snatched up a key on the other side of Cobra's cell, he unlocked the cell and helped her out. "Lets go to my room"

they flew swiftly to his room, only Six-claws saw them flying past. "QIBLI! WHERE ARE YOU GOING!"

Qibli flew straight into his room, Cobra and Shimmer followed. "Shimmer, i hate to ask you to leave... but can you QUICKLY hop to the kitchen and grab some snacks?"

Shimmer nodded and flew out, leaving cobra and Qibli alone. they talked for a while, Qibli filled her in on the news in the kingdom. shimmer did not come back... he was still gone after ten minuets.

--- 

meanwhile, shimmer was being dragged away by Moonwatcher. she took him to her dressing room for the wedding that day.

"Hello shimmer sweetie" she said, letting go of his talon. "do you like me as a dragon?" she asked

"No" Shimmer said flatly "Your evil"

She gasped, Darkstalker's spirit knew something about this dragon was off, dragons usually like moon immediately.

"Well, what if i was your mother?" she asked

"I'd kill myself, i'm staying with Qibli" he snarled

"Well then" the same purple haze drifted out of her eyes "im going to have to fix that" 

Moonwatcher grew to ten her size and smiled. "im the DARKSTALKER!" she laughed psychotically

---

After an hour, qibli and cobra were worried. they threw a blue cape over Cobra and they started to walk to the kitchens.

They walked past the courtyard door that was wide open. Cobra grabbed Qibli's arm and pointed to the dragon beside moon. it was shimmer.

 Qibli hid Cobra in a closet, locked it, and put an out of order sign on it. he ran outside, they were rehearsing, so he ran straight at Shimmer.

"SHIMMER!" he scowled "come here" he grabbed the dragonets talon and dragged him away "why are you out here?"

"I hate you qibli" he frowned "winter and moon are BETTER parents then you could ever be"

that stung. more then he thought... more then anyone thought...

{| i still need at least three animus OC's!! dont forget!! put them down in the coments!!|}