Strange Behaviour

No one's POV:

[Day of the match...]

The Raimon team just got off the bus and were now standing at Yoshikawa's front gate.

"Woaah! Their school is huge!" Exclaimed Shinsuke while the rest kept staring in awe.

"Focus everyone! We have a match to win!" Midori shouted and grabbed their attention.

"YEAHHH!!" They cheered and entered the school. One of the mangers of the Yoshikawa high school greeted them and lead them to where the soccer field was, where the match will take place.

Hundreds of people and audience came to watch the match, all the seats were packed! Especially with Yoshikawa's students since the match is held in their school.

"It looks so neat!" Stated Sangoku, "Look at that amazing goal!" He pointed.

"It's more important to prevent any balls from entering that goal. You hear me?" Shindou snapped his fingers to interrupt his gaze as Sangoku nodded excitedly.

You were sitting on the bench beside the managers and the coach while the other players started warming up, including Amemiya.

Although you wished that you would play in this match, you were more than ready to cheer on your team.

'GO RAIMON!' You thought to yourself while you tried being positive.

Your POV:

Moments later, Yoshikawa's team finally appeared on the field and bowed to us as we did the same.

Everyone took their places and positions on the field after both captains shook hands.

*whistle*

And the match begins...

"First ball off to Raimon's team, as their captain, Shindou, passes it swiftly to Kariya." The broadcaster started talking in the mic.

"Kariya runs with the ball a few steps then passes it to Kirino— OHH no but Hiroto from Yoshikawa's team cuts the ball and head quickly heads for the Raimon's goal!"

"He takes his position...gets ready to shoot...will we witness an incredible goal right now?!"

I tensed up, worried that Sangoku might not be able to stop the ball.

Will that guy use a special hissatsu technique?

"UNDERGROUND SHOT!" The guy yelled after kicking the ball aggressively...

Huh?! WHAT THE?!!

"OOOOH MYYYYY GOD! HIROTO'S BALL JUST WENT UNDERNEATH THE GROUND AND CAN'T BE SEEN ANYMORE!" Shouted the broadcaster amazed exactly like all of us.

What kind of hissatsu technique is this?? Where did the ball go?

Sangoku looked trouble because the ball disappeared underground so he had no idea what will happen next.

But that was the problem because a few seconds later, the ball shot out of the ground quickly and into one of the goal's corners, before Sangoku could see it!

"GOAAAAAAAAAAL!! SUCH AN AMAZING TECHNIQUE TO SCORE THE FIRST GOAL OF THE MATCH FOR YOSHIKAWA'S TEAM!"

"YEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!" Yelled the audience loudly.

Sangoku looked behind him at the ball with widened eyes.

"IT'S OKAY SANGOKU! KEEP GOING RAIMON!" Yelled Midori on the top of her lungs to cheer him up.

He grabbed the ball and threw it very far away towards Tenma but before Tenma could take it, Amemiya jumped high in the air and cut the ball with ease.

"And the ball is back with Raimon's newest player, Amemiya Taiyou!" The broadcaster went on.

Why did he do that? Why cut the ball when it was clearly headed for Tenma? It's really weird.

"Why did he do that?" Asked Aoi confused just like I was.

Amemiya took the ball and headed towards Yoshikawa's goal...

Then, he jumped in the air and spun with the ball between his legs then kicked the ball roughly from above while still in the air, aiming it at the goal.

The ball went through the net with incredible speed! I've never seen a ball as fast as this! He didn't even use a special technique or anything, just his strength! Yoshikawa's goal keeper didn't even have time to react!

"GOOOOOAAAAAALLL!! THIS TIME AMEMIYA FROM RAIMON SCORES THEIR FIRST GOAL WHICH MAKES IT NOW A TIE! WHAT AN EXCITING MATCH WE'RE HAVING HERE FOLKS! STILL IN THS FIRST HALF OF THE MATCH AND WE ALREADY WITNESSED TWO AMAZING GOALS!"

The match went on for a bit until one of Yoshikawa's players kicked Kirino's leg harshly causing him to fall on the ground from the pain while clutching his left leg.

*whistle!!*

The referee whistles as he took out a yellow card for that player.

Our players ran towards Kirino who was still on the ground but apparently, his leg was injured badly so he wouldn't be able to continue the match according to the medic's words.

Shindou and Tenma helped him to our bench as Kirino sat down and grunted in pain.

"Oh no, your leg is swelled badly!" Aoi said worried as she quickly went to get some ice for his treatment while Midori handed him a bottle of water.

I wanted to play in the match but I didn't mean that one of my team members should get hurt in order for me to play!

*sigh* guess the coach is going to call me now...

"Kurumada! Get ready!" The coach said and I widened my eyes.

"B-But coach...why can't I play now?" I asked.

"Not now y/n." He simply said and I returned back to my seat sadly.

Why is coach Endou making me sit out when I'm one of the main players? Even when he needed a substitute...he didn't choose me.

*sigh*

Well...no problem! Let's keep cheering! "GO RAIMON! GO RAIMON!"

[In the second half...]

"ARGHH!" Grunted Kariya when one of Yoshikawa's balls hit him badly in the stomach by the same player who injured Kirino!

*whistle!!!*

The referee got out a red card and the player had to move out of the field while Kariya was carried here to the bench to rest from the strong hit.

I think now I'll play! There's just me and Hamano left as substitutes—

"Hamano! Start warming up!"

I-

What?! Why? Is Coach Endou really insisting on not letting me play today?! But why?!

I was so confused and shocked but when I averted my eyes back to the field, my eyes let with Amemiya's...

And I could swear I saw him looking at me and smirking!
__________________________