25

•••

•••

*Three years later*

"Rob, do you have the swatches? The cream coloured ones and the rose gold one", I call out to him from my office. "Give me a minute—Oh! I found them", he yells back. He comes into my office and throws the swatches on my desk. "Can you please open the connecting wall to our office so I can see you, please"

"I don't know how to do it. I tried but the lock is hard to open", I say as I stand up. I show him that the lock is defective and he pushes me aside to try and open it himself. "I think I just broke my nail", he says as he turns around. "You always have to prove me wrong, don't you? I told you it was defective", I laugh as I nudge him. "I'll call the security guard", he says and I nod, a smile spreading across my face.

After Robert and I were fired three years ago, we decided to create our own company, and after a lot of hard work and long nights, we finally started our company Affordable Fashion by Dani and Rob and it's been a success ever since. Both Rob and I are our own bosses, and we work along side each other creating and selling affordable yet fashionable articles of clothing for both men and women, and recently we began creating a section for children.

At the time, being fired seemed like the end for both Robert and I, but everything turned out much better than we had expected, because if we were never fired, we would've never started our company.

Gemma and Sebastian pass by as much as they can to come and help us around the office, and sometimes Gemma brings hers and Robert's daughter, Rosie. She's three years old now and the brightest little girl. Sebastian and I are her godparents and we love her like as if she was our own.

I hear little footsteps and smile as I wait for her to pop her head in. "Aunt, Dani?", I hear a squeal behind the door. I open the door and she jumps into my arms as I spin her around. "How's my rosebud doing?", I ask her as I tap her nose. She scrunches it and laughs as I set her down. "Uncle Seb bought me ice cream!", she laughs. I shake my head as I see Sebastian walking into my office, a smile plastered on his face. "I can see that!", I smile as I point to the chocolate ice cream on her face.

"Dani! He said he could fix the retractable wall", Robert comes in panting. Sebastian moves aside and I smile as I look behind Robert. "Jesse! Thank you so much for coming up here. We tried to move it but it's stuck"

"Leave it to me, kid", he smiles as he pats my shoulder. He grabs his tools and begins to work around the lock until we hear a click, and he slides the retractable wall all the way to the end of the room, so that mine and Roberts office became a conjoint one. "Jesse, you're the best!"

"So I've been told", he laughs. "We catered some food today so go into the staff room. It isn't available to everyone yet, but I want you to have a chance to get some food first", I smile at him. He smiles at me, "Thank you. I'll see you guys later".