28. kayaking in the sunset

Bakugou

We were waiting for the bus at the bus stop. It was weird to not know where we were going, but I could deal with it. After about 5 minutes, the bus arrived, and Kiri got on first so he could pay. He knew my plan of slipping past him and paying. That little asshole..

We sat down in some open seats, him in the window seat and me in the aisle. The drive wasn't long, either. We got off about two bus stops down, and Kiri informed me we had to walk through the city a bit to get to the place. We were talking a bit while we walked, "Yeah when I was still thinking of a place to have this date, I went to Kami and Sero," Kiri sighed.

"Was it a waste of time? I bet they were high as hell, depending on the time you went," I laugh, and he does too.

"Well, actually, Kaminari helped. He came up with our first destination. Sero didn't help, though. He was taking a shit the majority of the time."

"But were they high?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe a little. They don't do that as much anymore, though, because Iida caught them one night and had a hissy fit," he laughed again. I honestly wished I could hear that laugh on an everlasting loop.

"That prick catches anything he thinks is 'bad' so I'm not surprised. Didn't you used to do that shit with them?" I turned to him.

He sighed with a smile, "Uh, yeah, for a bit. It was a good relaxer... but then I started training to relax and they just shrugged me leaving off and kept doing their thing."

"Not surprised."

"Also, we're here," Kiri said as he stopped walking.

I recognized where we were. It was the kayaking paths. Wow, I never thought Dunce face could have a good idea like this place. We walked into the building to rent out some kayaks and choose a path.

Kiri decided on this one and a half hour long one that, according to the ratings, was the prettiest. We were at the perfect time be out on the path during the sunset, too, so I think he had all of that planned out from the start.

I got the kayaks as he paid (despite my arguments again), getting myself a yellow and him a red. We then carried them out, got ores, and got in. The river was calm, like calmer than normal, so we didn't see any need to wear life jackets.

From the beginning, the sights were beautiful. We had to go a bit to reach a forest, and then that continued for a long, long while. We noticed a lot of animals such as squirrels and chipmunks. We even noticed a snake slithering on one of the shores. Kiri kept trying to guess what type it was, and he kept getting it wrong. It was actually kinda funny... in a sad way.

When sunset hit, we were almost done, as planned. We were close to the end of the forest, and the trees surrounded the sun, the river in between. It was like a scene in a movie. "It's so pretty I'm gonna cry," Kiri said.

"If you cry because you think this is pretty you really are just a big baby," I laugh at him.

"BakugOUUU don't be mEeeAn," he whined and I laughed even more.

"Baaaabbby!!" I pointed at him and he huffed out.

"Meanie."

We reached the end of the forest right in the middle of the sunset, and we slowed a bit to watch for about 5 minutes. The rest of the way, we were pretty quiet. I wasn't awkward, it was actually a calming silence.

Once we reached the end, we got out and returned the kayaks, checking them in and leaving. I then turned to walk back the the bus station, but Kiri stopped me. "The restaurant is close by this way. No need to ride the bus again!" He smiled.

The way his... everything... looked in the moonlight was amazing. I'm so glad I fell for this dork.

We walked for awhile, Kiri and I pointing out some stupid shit like a bird shitting on this dude's shirt and a rat that seemed to be trying to escape a cat.

Kiri then walked up to the cat and pet it, even though I kept telling him it might have diseases so he needed to be careful. He just pulled out hand sanitizer in response and winked at me.

I rolled my eyes and joined him in the petting of the cat, and then once another mouse ran by it ran off. We put on the hand sanitizer and continued our walk.

The restaurant was a nice sit-in chicken place. I knew why he chose this place. They had the spiciest chicken in town, which he chose for me, and then they had really good normal chicken too that he could get.

We walked in and were sat down at a booth near the back. A waiter came and took our drink orders, leaving to go get them. Kiri started bringing up some funny stuff from his past, and I did the same. I even told the blowing up a beehive story. He thought it was really amusing.

We got our drinks and ordered our food, be getting their spicy special and him getting just normal tenders. We then looked out the window by our booth and laughed as we watched a girl try to get her drunk, or we assumed drunk, as fuck friend in a taxi while she flailed around like a child.

Our food came after about 30 minuets, and that was a good thing because I was starting to get impatient as hell. Chicken shouldn't take 30 minutes to make, and the restaurant wasn't that busy. I chowed down and Kiri got surprised, like always, at how easily I handled the spice.

We ate, and left after. The night was perfect. Good thing both of us can sometimes not fuck things up.

——

i'm tireeddd
anyway, i hope you like the chapter! things are gonna start really moving now ;)