Chapter Thirteen

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my alarm going off.

I rolled out of bed and sleepily made my way to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

I walked back into my room and gently shook Lacey awake.

She sheepishly walked to the bath and turned on the shower. I handed her a spare towel and a change of clothes.

I decided I was going to wear the leopard print that Sarah had leant me to school, I dug through my wardrobe for a pair of black skinny jeans since is quite cool outside and a pair of black vans.

Once Lacey had come out of the bathroom dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans and white t-shirt I had given her to wear I went in and des my hair and make up. Satisfied with my look I went back into the bedroom.

Lacey has pulled out my white vans and put them on. She looked really good.

"What are you going to do for books today?" I asked her.

"They're all in my locker" she replied.

"Okay well let's get going" I smiled.

I sprayed on some of my perfume, grabbed my backpack, phone, keys and handbag then made my way down to the kitchen. I pulled out to fruit salads and two containers of pasta and we left the house.

I drove to school and we got out. We both headed towards the lockers to get the stuff we needed for chemistry.

Homeroom went by quickly and soon we were on our way to chemistry. We walked in and took our seat down the back. Lacey and I talked while we jotted down the notes on the board.

Class went by quick and before I knew it we were on our way to English class.

As I arrived at English class Miss Jones was standing at the door greeting everyone as they walked in. I sat down at the back of the room in between Lacey and Kirra and pulled out my note book.

"Today I will be handing out an assignment, it should be easy for you" Miss Jones smiled.

She handed out the assignments and told us to get started.

I opened the booklet and flicked through.

"Way to easy" I whispered to Lacey.

"I know right" she laughed.

I got started and by the time the lesson was over I had completed half of the assignment.

The bell rang and we were let out to lunch. I grabbed my lunch and Lacey, Kirra and I made our way down to the front oval.

Lunch went by fast and before I knew it we were heading to math. Lacey and I quickly headed to the class room.

I got my completed assignment out of my bag and gave it to the teacher before taking my seat next to Lacey at the back.

"You're such a nerd" Lacey said playfully pushing me.

"What it was easy" I replied playfully punching her shoulder.

I sat there quietly every now and then making eye contact with Miss Miller.

This woman was driving me crazy. I couldn't help but stare at the brown hair, green eyed beauty sitting in front of us.

Once class had finished I slowly made my way to the door.

"Taylor could you stay behind for a minute" Miss Miller asked.

"Sure" I replied.

I walked over to her desk and waited for the last few students to leave.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I like your top" she smiled.

"You do huh?" I laughed.

"Sure do, anyway did you wane hang out tonight?" She asked.

"Sure, see you at five?" I asked.

"Sounds good" she replied.

I gave her a quick peck on the lips then left.

Lacey and I made our way back to my house since we had no classes this afternoon.

I grabbed some food out of the fridge and we headed up the stairs. We both sat down on my bed and got out our English assignments. I quickly finished the rest of mine so I could help Lacey with hers.

"Oh Lacey I almost forgot, I have to go out for a couple of hours at 5pm will you be alright here by yourself?" I asked.

"Yeah I'll just watch a movie or something" she smiled.

We sat and talked for a few more hours before I left and headed to Sarah's.

I walked up to the door and knocked.

"Come in" Stacey said as she answered the door.

I walked in and went straight into the kitchen where I could hear Sarah.

I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around we waist.

"Hey" I said kissing her neck.

"Right on time, dinner is nearly ready" she laughed.

I finally let go of her waist and stood next to her at the stove.

"Smells good" I smiled taking a deep breath.

"Stacey can you finish dinner off? I really need to show Taylor something" Sarah called out.

Sarah dragged me down to her bedroom and shut the door.

She grabbed a box out of her top drawer and handed it to me. I opened the box and inside was a beautiful necklace with a silver shell on it.

"It's an exact replica of one of the shells we collected in Brisbane, it's got the date we met and our anniversary on the back" she smiled.

I could feel tears forming in my eyes.

"It's beautiful" I said kissing her cheek.

"I also had the same thing made for me" she smiled kissing me back.

She told me to turn around and she put it on me.

"I'll always treasure this" I smiled.

"Let's go eat" she said grabbing my hand.

I followed her back out into the kitchen where Stacey had already put the food on the table.

We all sat down to eat.

Stacey and I had already become quite good friends and I'm pretty sure that Sarah was happy that we were getting along so well.

After we ate and did the dishes we all sat down in the lounge room to watch a movie. Sarah made popcorn while Stacey and I set up the DVD player.

"You and Sarah make a cute couple" she smiled.

"Thanks" I replied.

Once the popcorn was done we pressed play and sat down on the couch. I laid down and rested my head on Sarah's lap.

Once the movie had ended Sarah drove me home. I kissed her goodnight and exited the car.

I unlocked the door and made my way up the stairs to my room.

"I'm sorry I was out so long" I said to Lacey.

"Don't worry about it, it gave me time to finish my assignments" she smiled showing my the completed booklets.

I smiled and went into the bathroom for a shower.

Once I was done I quickly got changed into a pair of boy shorts and an oversized t-shirt and crawled into bed next to Lacey.

Within minutes I was asleep.