Chapter Twenty-Two

I woke up at 7am, quickly did my hair and makeup and threw on the clothes I had chosen the night before.

I made sure I had all of my school stuff in my bag and put on a pair of plain white canvas shoes.

By the time I was fully dressed for school and ate breakfast it was 8am. Lacey and I got in the car and headed to school.

We headed straight to our lockers and put the stuff we didn't need in.

Shortly after Kirra joined us and we slowly made our way to homeroom. By the time we finally got there the bell had rung and we went straight in.

Everyone looked around the room confused to see a beautiful red haired girl who I know as Stacey, Sarah's housemate standing at the front of the class.

"My name is Miss King and I will be taking over Mr Bates classes for the day" she said once everyone had taken a seat.

She looked at me super weirdly, I know she recognised me and I was feeling really afraid. I have no idea why but I was.

Once homeroom was over I got out of my seat.

"Taylor, can I see you for a minute" she asked.

"Is it important?" I asked.

"Yes" she replied.

Once everyone was gone I took a deep breath and made my way to the front of the room.

"So your Sarah's student?" she looked at me slightly confused.

I shyly nodded my head. I could feel tears forming in my eyes but I refused to let them fall. I blinked a few times, took a deep breath and looked up at her.

"Listen, I won't say anything" she reassured me.

I have her a weak smiled and left. I quickly made my way down the hallway to maths. By the time I got there the classroom was full. I quietly walked in and hurried to the back of the class.

"Taylor, why are you late?" Miss Miller asked.

"I had to talk to my homeroom teacher" I replied honestly.

She accepted my reason, although I knew she would and continued to teach the class.

"So what did Miss King want?" Lacey asked.

I sat there for a few moments trying to think of a reason but I just couldn't think of one.

"Ooh did she hit on you" Lacey said loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Girls do I have to separate you two?" Miss Miller asked.

I shook my head no and she continued the lesson.

"Well?" Lacey asked.

"No" I replied.

She finally dropped the subject and we finished our work.

When the bell rung we were both kept behind. Lacey got a warning and was told to go to her next class while I was kept longer.

"Who hit on you" she smiled.

"No one, did you know Stacey is a teacher?" I asked.

"Of course why?" She replied.

"Oh just because she was taking over for my homeroom teacher this morning" I replied.

"Oh" she looked down at her hands.

"Luckily she has said she won't tell on us" I told her.

A look of relief came across her face.