Chapter 19: Escaping

Disclaimer: I don't own Fairy Tail!
Enjoy!

LUCY'S POV

Natsu looked on in horror. He finally accepted I was under control. I have to find away to show him I was still fighting. To show him I wasn't under complete control yet. I willed my arm to move. It didn't. That's ok though, even moving my hand, or even a finger, would be fine with me. Just move something.

I tried and tried but could not move. Natsu had turned to Codin. "Stop this. Let her go!" He said angrily. His eyes were burning with so much anger at this one man. I didn't know that much anger was possible. Codin smirked at him. "Maybe, if you answer this question right" he says teasingly. Natsu scoffed and turned to look toward me. His eyes softened, since he was not mad at me.

Now was the time. I had to show him I was still fighting. I had to give him more hope. I thought real hard about moving a part of my body. Any part. Just a finger. Come on. Just a finger. Don't look away yet Natsu!

It took all my will power, but I was finally able to move a finger. My pinky. Natsu's eyes immediately zoned in on my pinky. He must think he imagined it. Comeon, once more, I forced myself. Who knew it was this hard to break a spell like this. I managed it once more. I think I convinced him. Mainly because he was smirking.

This might not go as I planned.

NATSU'S POV

Did I... I think I just saw Lucy move. My eyes zone in on her smallest finger, hoping she would do it again. When I saw it twitch, I was overjoyed. Lucy was still fighting. Her finger twitched. I smirked, full force now. I have to continue to fight too. I can't let her show me up! I also have to save her. I bit my lip. I just can't let Codin know Lucy was slipping from the spell. She had to get free.

I glance back over to Codin. He smiles down at me and says "Now Natsu, you are going to answer every question the way I want!" I could tell he was getting angry. This is not good. Lucy will get hurt even more. I nod, against my own thoughts. Don't want to take any chances.

"Ok. You obviously won't tell me anything about dragons. So, onto information about Fairy Tail" Codin says. I glare at him. "Like I'll tell you anything!" I snapped. He smiled and walked over to Lucy. He caressed her cheek with his hand slowly. "Are you sure about that? I don't want to harm this beautiful girl anymore" he said, as if he was sad. My body tensed, hoping he wouldn't do anything. His hand dropped to her neck. "It would make me so sad" he continued, as his hand went lower and lower.

I watched in anticipation and anger. My teeth clenched and my fists were tight. "Stop" I said lowly. He hmmed, not quite stopping but moving slower than before. "Stop" I said louder than before. I was shaking with anger. "How will you get me to stop?" Codin asks. I look down, trying to think of anything. Come on. Think!

My eyes widen. There's something that just came to mind! Dragons are in a... a... Dammit! I lost it! I had it on the tip of my tongue! Codin smiled, keeping his hands on Lucy.

"What is Lumen Histoire?" Codin asks. My eyebrows furrowed. What is that? Codin hmmed curiously. "I was under the impression that every member knew what it was. Do you not?" He asked, acting kind but I know the truth. I have to shake my head no thoygh. If I don't, he'll ask what I knew and then he would figure out I didn't know and then he would hurt Lucy. Maybe this way he won't.

I was wrong. He had kicked Lucy in the back. She had stumbled forward because of this. That was expected, even though he had her under a spell to follow him and he said to stay there. The part that I didn't expect was for her to shout "STOP THAT ASSHOLE!" As she fell.

Codin did not expect that either. He had taken a step back in surprise and had tripped over his feet. He fell straight onto his ass. I looked at Lucy to make sure she was ok, which he was, and then started laughing.