Chapter 12: Back to the Guild

Disclaimer: I don't own Fairy Tail!

Please comment! I like to know how I am doing!

LUCY'S POV

We walked, and walked...and walked to the guild. In reality, I didn't even know that we had been that far from the guild. We wanted to get back quickly. I needed to get back quickly.

I needed to save Natsu.

We walked own the trail leading to the guild, before I pause. "What are we to tell the guild?" I asked. "Well, they know the basics from when I called them" Erza said. I nodded for her to go on. "Oh, uh, I guess all we can do is tell them the story with details. "Alright. Who's going to tell them?" I asked, wanting to get all the planning done before we go inside and get bombarded with questions. "I will!" Gray said, knowing no one wants to, but someone has to tell the guild what happened.

"Ok, let's continue on to the guild!" Happy cheered, trying to cheer everyone up. It didn't work all the way, but it did get some small smiles out of us. We chuckled at Happy's antics to cheer us up and walked on. We could see the guild now. It was towering over the buildings next to it. It looked, smelt, and felt the same. But the sound was different.

It was quiet. No one was screaming at someone else. No one was congratulating another for an accomplished job. No one was having any fun. It was dead serious there. None of the towns people knew what was happening and just stared in shock at the usually rowdy guild and now the sad slow group that walked towards it.

They were whispering o each other, openly staring at us. I cowered into Gray. He held me close. Me, not wanting to take any chance that I'll start to cry, turned my head into his shoulder. I could hear the whispers. "Why are the sad?" "What's wrong with them?" "where's that pink-headed idiot that usually goes with them?" "IS he dead?" I flinched when I heard the last one.

Gray glared at them. Erza was too sad to, and just stared at the ground. Wendy and Lucy were too polite an sad to. Gray was the only one left then. If he had to do it, he would. "Gray" I said pulling on the shirt that he surpassingly hasn't stripped yet. He looks down at me. "Calm down! They don't know what happened" I told him and he nodded but still glared at the people. I sigh knowing there was no hope in calming him down.

We walked pass them, ignoring all the stares and whispers. Once we got to the doors of the guild, we stopped and stood. "Well, time to go and face them" Gray sighed, and stepped forward to open the door.

Gray pushed the door open.

LEVY'S POV (FIRST TIME! WOOHOO!)

We were waiting for Lu-chan and the others to get back. We know the Lu-chan was almost killed, and that the same mages who hurt her, captured Natsu. Once they walk through that door, they'll have a lot of explaining to do.

"Oi! Shrimp!" Gajeel called, gaining my attention. When I looked toward him, his expression softened just for a second. As if he was telling me that everything will be ok. I smiled to show him that I was ok. "Gajeel. Do you think Lu-chan and the others are close?" I ask. He opened his mouth to speak when the doors to the guild were pushed open.

They were back at the guild.

NATSU'S POV

I groaned as I held myself up. He was back, asking me questions that I don't know the answer to. "Why won't you just tell me?" he lashed out with the whip, this time whipping me in my stomach. I breathed harshly. "I...don't...know!" I got out of my gritted teeth. Why won't he understand this?

He narrowed his eyes. "One more chance or else" he growls. I look at him questionably. "One more chance or else what?" I ask, through my ragged breath. "Or else Lucy gets to come here and enjoy a stay" he answers with a smirk. I glared. "Don't...you dare...bring Luc..y... here!" I coughed out. Man, this was not good.

"Then, where are they?" He screams this question. I gulped. My breathing turned even heavier. "I..don't know...I don't know... I don't know..." I muttered over and over again. He glared. "You really want Lucy to come and join you, huh?" he says evilly.

I look into his eyes. "No!" I started to shake from fatigue and anger. "No! Don't bring her here! Don't!" I screamed with my remaining strength. He grinned evilly. "Too late! Next time I come, Lucy will be with me" he whispers to me.

I hung my head in shame. I couldn't stop him. I couldn't free myself. I can't save Lucy. I want to be with Lucy. I want to be with my friends and family.

I want to go back!

First things first, I'll make sure Lucy is safe.

GRAY'S POV

I have this feeling something bad is going to happen. I just wish I knew what.

I pushed the door open to be met with dozens of stares. I just stare right back. Erza gently pushes me into the guild. I stumble at first, but regain my balance. I look up to see them still stating at me. I groaned. "I guess I should tell you what happened." I said hesitantly. They nodded, not even giving me a chance to have a break before the explanation.

"Alright! But I want no interruptions because I don't want to restart! And everyone has to be here!" I day commandingly. They nod and Mira leaves to go get Master, the only one who was missing. "The idiot Salamander has gone and gotten himself captured, huh?" Gajeel says, surprisingly serious, never mind the names he called Natsu. I nodded.

Once Mira and Master got back from his office, I stepped onto the stage. "Ok! I'm saying this once, and only once! No interruptions! No starting over!" I said again, to make sure they understood. They all nodded again, so I guess I'm good.

"Ok. Once we got to the job location, we split up. I went with Erza while Lucy and Natsu went together. When Erza and I had found the thief, it turns out there were 8 of them, a group. We signaled for Lucy and Natsu to come. When they did, the mages spilt up. I fought 2, Erza fought 2, Lucy fought 1, and Natsu fought 3. The one fighting Lucy stabbed her with a sword through her stomach" Everyone gasps and looks at Lucy. She blushes and looks away. I glared at everyone and coughed, to gain their attention again. They looked at me apologetically.

"When Natsu heard her scream, he turned to see what had happened. Then, as you all know, he went all dragon on the group because they planned to hurt Lucy, as you could tell from their smirks. Natsu also called Lucy his mate, if you get what I mean" I said, trying to calm everyone who looked worried now. I got a few small smiles for this.

"Natsu went on to fight 4 mages was Erza and I fought the other 4 before Erza told me to help and protect Lucy. I went over and looked away for 2 seconds, when Lucy was caught by one of the mages that we were fighting." I whispered the last part in shame. I looked toward Lucy, who just smile at me, showing her forgiveness.

"Natsu was pushed into me by the one their he hadn't taken down yet when saw what was happening. Erza was still fighting the other 3. He, of course, got mad at me for not protecting Lucy and got really angry. They told him that they would let Lucy go, if he surrendered and went with him. He did, so Lucy was set free. Era and I couldn't help him because we knew he wanted us to help Lucy first. That's when we rushed off to the doctors and called Wendy for help" I finished the recap.

They all stared at me in silence. "We need to bring Natsu back!" Finally Levy (surprisingly) yelled in support. "Yeah!" Everyone cheered.

Well, one thing I know for sure. Natsu was coming back even if he didn't want to.