Encounter

THUD

"Damn. They had me stick to rights." He panted as stops, looking behind him to see no one. Just the trash cans and small lighting around.

"Well, guess I believe you all now. I don't remember any gangsters in this city. I do weekly drives here and this is all new. What's the plan now?" He pokes the side of his skull as if he was poking someone else.

'Take Ink down yourself.'

'The Destroyer is out of commission.'

Glitch gasped "Wooooah! The destroyer is gone! Hell, I'd like to know who?"

There was a momentary pause. Glitch awaited for the answer.

'The Destroyer, is you. Idiot.'

That left Glitch speechless. He stopped moving, he was now in shock "...What? I'm the Destroyer?" He managed to choke out "W-Wait, if I'm the Destroyer, and I'm already dead-- HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO STOP HIM IF MY COUNTERPART COULDN'T?!" He shouted, both hands on the side of his skull.

'Find the Boss.'

'He will help you out.'

'This is all we can do.'

'Pussy. Just go find him. He's the head of a mafia family here. He's got everything you need.'

Hearing that answer, Glitch was still in shock, he didn't know what to feel about this "Okay, I get it. I'm supposed to replace him or something. Yeah, replace The Destroyer himself-- But exactly, find who? You guys brought me here, what's stopping you guys from just telling me where he is?" He mumbled.

He didn't hear an answer after that.

"Hey? Hello? I need some guidance here?"

He groaned, slouching back to the wall "Fucking great. I'm stuck in some world that isn't even mine. Talk about bullshit... I came here so I could see the other me, and because of these shitty voice. And the other me is dead. Very progressive..."

Placing his bag infront of him, he takes a bar of chocolate out, easing up a bit seeing it "Atleast I have something that can make me happy." He giggled, about to take the wrapper off.

"Maybe other me was weaker? Uh... I wonder if he even could use strings even... Wait, WHAT AM I SAYING. HE'S A DESTROYER." He slaps himself, trying to keep himself together.

He shook his head, something coming in mind "Okay, okay, I take that Ink down, finish up and head home. I'm not going to destroy anything. I'm not going to replace other me." He told himself, quickly eating his small snack.

Going through his bag, he decided to get himself ready. He took out a few flashbangs, and placed them inside his trench coat. Hidden from sight. Then he takes the pistol and hides it on one of his pockets. Seeing as the pistol he took from the other guy was still with him.

He had a limited amount of ammo, so he's going to have to rely on his strings once he runs out.

After that, he stood up and walked out the alleyway. His bag now behind him. The streets had some cars driving back and forth. Some of the spots had groups of people. In which, Glitch thought they were gangsters and decided to avoid them.

But he still needs to find out who 'The Boss' is. If not, his chances of succeeding is slim. Maybe even zero.

If he's going to find out, it's either he finds him, or he asks around to who he is.

Yet the atmosphere of the city at night is unwelcoming. Getting shot by asking someone isn't the most pleasurable experience.

'Hey. Small thing since you might screw up. The Boss is a skeleton. Everyone knows him. You just need to be careful on who to ask.'

Glitch's eye twitched "Okay, Alex. I understand. Are you going silent or something? I rather you not." He mumbled. Walking down the street. He didn't get a response after that. He sighed.

Solo objective it is.

Stopping, he looks left and right. There was a group that consisted of monsters, and the other that consisted of humans.

Being the high ranking monster he is, he decided to walk towards the group of monsters. See where it gets him.

One of them turned his way, his look snarky "The fuck do you want?" He asked, his three other companions now looking at him aswell. Glitch narrowed his eyes, taking a deep breathe "I need to ask something from you guys."

They looked at one another, like they were thinking on whether or not to just shoot him, or let him ask.

"Enlighten us." Someone answered, Glitch eased up a bit but was still wary "... Is there anyone around named 'The Boss'? Just a simple question." He asked him. Suddenly, all of them seemed to have tensed.

'Are they afraid of him?' Glitch thought.

"Are you here to take him out?" One of them says with a hint of hope, Glitch tilted his skull.

He then realizes that he looks like a mercenary in his clothing too. Glitch laughed "And how were you able to tell?" He responded. Now playing along.

"You... Look like one. And yes, we do know him. We're on bad terms with him. He's taken over half the city already. If he's not taken care of within months, then it's impossible to track him anywhere." The one with a mask explained. Which Glitch found unnecessary.

"Do you have any idea to where he is?" Glitch added, one of them raises a finger "You have a map on your phone I can just point out?" He said. Glitch shook his head "I don't. I forgot it."

One sighed, crossing his arms "See this street? Keep walking down for maybe, 30 minutes? He's in a giant brown bricked building. The sides of it have staircases. It's the only building there in the area. So it won't be hard to know." He told him, motioning his hand at the direction.

Glitch nodded "... Right.'' He walked away, now heading to where they pointed. One of them said good luck, for whatever reason.

Seems like he lucked out this time.

. . . 

''That took a few moments. I'm surprised I've not been shot yet.''

He arrived at the doorstep of an apartment like building. Glitch got a bit nervous. This might be someone else's place. 

Still, he rather would take the risk than not doing it at all.

He knocked, the door opened to reveal a slightly taller skeleton.

''Why hello there! Is there something you need?'' He asked, the door now fully open as he stood there. Glitch eyed him before realizing something.

He looked like Blue's older brother. Just a bit more... energetic.

''Wait... Error? Is that you?'' His face changed into concern as he leaned forward. Backing off after a second ''It is you! I'm glad you survived!'' He takes his hand and makes him go inside. Glitch couldn't really do anything.

When they did, Glitch was sat on a couch in the living room. The other took a seat infront of him as he places his two hands together ''Look, my brother's been inactive lately. I've asked him maybe 10 times before he decided to answer. It's because of you. He's thinking that you died because he was indecisive whether or not to help you. But hey, you're here! I want you to talk to him.'' He smiled softly with hope. His eyes slowly averting to the staircase.

''He's up there, in his room. He hasn't came out and he barely eats. I don't think skeletons need to eat, but we need to if we want to keep our magic stable. You know that. Please do something about him. I fear for the worse if he stays up there longer.'' 

Glitch nodded slowly. Standing up but takes a minute to turn to the other ''What's your name again?'' He asked. 

''Ah! I guess I never really introduced myself. It's Papyrus. But seeing the other's also have the name... You know what, just Pap. That works.'' He laughed. Glitch chuckled ''Alright Pap. I'll see what I can do.'' He says, going up the stairs.

Glitch knew one thing, he can't act like the other him. He's going to have to tell the truth.

One way or another, he has to.