Chapter 18

**Mentions of bl**d and violence**

"Nope, no problem at all" Harry smiles, holding up the sweatshirt "look what I got"

"That's lovely baby" Louis smiles down at Harry before turning his attention back to Nick.

"Who are you and why are you talking to him?" Louis cocks an eyebrow placing a hand on Harry's waist.

"Um I'm Nick. I'm his ex" Nick says calmly giving a smile.

"Ah so you're the one who dumped him over s.ex" Louis nods, laughing coldly.

"what? Harry is that what you're telling people?" Nick gasps looking back to Harry.

"B-because that's what happened Nick! Y-you even said so" Harry lowers his voice on the last words, not wanting to draw attention.

"I told that I would be patient Harry you made me wait for so long, I deserved something" Nick snaps.

"I g-gave you some-"

"Yeah a shi.tty blo.wjob" Nick scoffs "hope he gives out more with you" Nick nods at Louis.

Red.

That's all Louis saw after those words left Nicks mouth. It felt like he was watching himself pin Nick to the glass on the front of the shop and hit him so hard the glass shattered. Or when nicks blood from his face stains the broken glass on the white floor.

Louis didn't even feel like himself until soft hands were on his shoulder a familiar soft voice was yelling his name.

Louis is soon pulled off of Nicks unconscious, but still breathing body, the stranger pulling him to another corner of the store.

"The police have been called, calm down!" The seemingly older man shouts in Louis' ear.

"Where's Harry?" Louis asks slowly coming to his senses, He felt his touch only seconds ago.

"Get the f.uck off me!" Louis shoves the stranger to the floor before searching for his baby.

"Lou?" Louis turns around to find Harry with a red, tear stained face, staring back at him.

"Baby boy" Louis sighs and rushes over wrapping his arms around Harry's waist, squeezing him tightly.

"I'm so sorry you had to see that, I just lost myself for a second I guess" Louis doesn't pull away, from the hug instead he squeezes Harry tighter.

"Louis" Harry squeaks fighting against his boyfriends strong hold, Louis eventually lets go, covering Harry's face in kisses "are you okay?" Harry smiles after grabbing Louis' face to stop the kisses.

"Your ex-boyfriend is half dead on the ground and you're worried about me?" Louis laughs loudly.

"He's not half dead" Harry grumbles "but yes, you're my boyfriend of course I'm more concerned about you"

"Baby, he didn't even get a finger on me" Louis smirks smugly draping an arm over Harry's shoulders.

Harry frowns and sink further into Louis when police and ems finally arrive, Nick soon being rolled out on a gurney as he slowly started to wake up. The stranger who pulled Louis away pointed the cops to the couple.

"Louis" Harry whimpers clinging to his boyfriend, he was a little scared he's never had to deal with the police before.

Little does he know that Louis deals with them way too often.

"I'm right here, baby. Nobody will hurt you" Harry believed every single word.

"Officers" Louis greets the two older gentlemen approaching them "problem?"

"Cut the s.hit, you know exactly why we're here" the oldest officer scoffs, this is his 3rd time going on a call Louis was involved in. It was getting a little ridiculous.

"Now for some reason, that boy agreed not to press charges but if this happens again"

"Oh don't be silly, there won't be a next time with him" Louis smirks at his words, of course he didn't plan on hurting nick again, the man was too traumatized to approach Louis again.

"Are you okay?" The officer turns his attention to Harry who was still curled into Louis, staying silent. Harry gives a small nod, grabbing Louis' free hand that wasn't on his shoulder.

"He's perfectly fine, goodbye now"

~

"This is the first time in a while mum, I promise" Louis sighs continuing to pace around his parents large living room.

After Louis dropped Harry at his house after their date, Louis came to see his parents and explain what happened.

"Louis, I told that if they start happening against you're coming home" Jay says sternly, sitting her cup of tea on the expensive, glass coffee table in front of her.

"This is the first time I've had a blackout in two years!" Louis exclaims desperately not wanting to move back home.

"Yes, that's wonderful but now Harry is suddenly triggering them?" Louis' dad Austin finally speaks up.

"No, Harry didn't do anything at all. It was his ex, I told you"

"I don't want him around if he's going to affect your health, son" Austin sighs "I like Harry, I really do. He's a great ki-"

"Yes he's amazing and none of this was his fault. I only came to tell you guys before someone from the station told you" Louis sets on the leg of one of the white couches.

"Just be careful don't think we won't stop paying your bills so you have no choice but to move back" Louis laughs at his mother before he tells his parents goodbye and make his way home.

He can't start blacking out again, not around Harry at least, not around him ever again.

Louis was panting and sweaty, his entire body was tired but he can't stop, kept pulling his fists back only to land it against another's nose, the sound of bones cracking because of his hits only encouraged him to go harder.

"Please man" Nick pleads, choking on his own blood that was even drooling down his chin.

"If you ever touch or speak to him again you won't see another day" Louis grits his teeth, pulling his fists back, bring it down to Nicks stomach, letting go of the hold he has on his throat so he could watch his limp body fall to floor.

Louis knew what was coming, he's been here too many times.

He grabs the collar of nicks shirt, lifting him up so he could speak clearly in his ear.

"Tell the police anything and I don't hesitate to k.ill you with one of their own bullets"