Chapter 19

It's been a few days since Louis literally put Nick in the hospital, the poor boy was left with a concussion, plus an eye that was so swollen he won't be able to open it for at least a few more days.

Louis and Harry were perfect, of course Harry wanted to talk to Louis about what happened but he was nervous, he's never seen Louis so angry. It was scary. Once Harry thought about it he had never seen anyone that angry in a long time.

They haven't worked together much since that accident which was an obvious sign Louis' dad was aware it happened.

Today was the first day they would be working together, by working Harry knew Louis would just sit in the office while Harry actually worked.

Harry does his typical clock in routine, waving to a few workers walking in to join the shift. He puts his things away tying his apron around his waist, and a hairnet on his messy curls.

Harry flinches once a hand is slapped onto his shoulder turning to find Calvin with a big grin.

"Well hello to you to" Harry playfully scoffs walking out of Calvins grip has he follows.

"I'm gonna be an uncle man!" He exclaims, his face lighting up with his words.

"Really? Congrats man! Boy or girl?"

"They aren't sure yet, they both want a boy, however I, myself want a niece" Calvin nods with his words.

"Well congrats man, I'm happy for you" Harry pulls his coworker in for a quick hug.

"Hug fest I see?" Louis pops around the corner with a raised eyebrow.

"Calvin is gonna be an uncle!" Harry pulls away looking at Louis with a grin.

"Why does that require you two to be hugging?" Louis crosses his arms behind his back stepping closer. No one touches Harry except him.

"Lou, chill out. It was just a hug, not like I had him bent over the counter" Calvin laughs loudly, Harry joining along with him.

Louis says nothing but only walks over to Calvin, shoving him against the wall, a tight grip on his collar.

"What the f.uck did you just say?" Louis says calmly, his face not changing expressions.

Harry's eyes widen and his mind immediately took him back to the day in the mall, he rushes up to the angry boy, grabbing his shoulders trying to pull him back and to his surprise, Louis moves back, his breathing was heavy but besides that he had no expression on his face.

"Lou it's okay it was just a joke..." Harry states the obvious, while Calvin stares in shock and fear.

"If I ever hear you those words come out of your mouth about my boy I will not hesitate to make sure you never speak a word to your niece" Louis ignores Harry's words, whispering those in Calvin ears before storming off the back room.

Probably to get high.

Harry steps over to Calvin, rubbing his shoulder. "I'm sorry man, I don't know what his problem is"

"He's a f.ucking a.sshole, he thinks just cause he has daddy's money and his father owns this place that he can do whatever the h.ell he wants" Calvin spats out once Louis is gone, wiping his sweaty palms on his apron.

"Just calm down, I'm sorry" Harry sighs, biting his lip afraid Louis and his anger issues would hear.

"It's bulls.hit and you know it" Calvin lowers his voice "he's gonna hurt you, do you know how many times he's gotten in trouble with the police"

Harry shook his head, beginning to fiddle his fingers, chewing on his bottom lip.

"A lot Harry, do you really wanna be sleeping next to that type of person every night?" Calvin scoffs looking towards the direction Louis walked off.

"People change" Harry quietly mumbles. Calvin sighs and opens his mouth to speak but is cut off as one of the host runs towards the back.

"Boss is here, everybody get your s.hit together!" She whisper yells, all the cooks jump into place, checking over their uniform and their work space ensuring it was clean and tidy.

Austin walks through the swinging double doors, his eyes going straight to Harry, smiling at him.

"Harry, have you seen my son?" The rich man asks calmly.

"Uh..I saw him go out back not long ago" Harry nervously speaks, looking towards Calvin who just shrugs.

Austin gives a firm nod and simple smile before making his way to the back.

"What the f.uck?" Harry whispers to Calvin.

"Looks like someone pissed daddy off" Calvin laughs quietly.

..

"F.uck!" Louis coughs harshly, holding his hand over his mouth while choking on the smoke from the joint between his fingers.

"Godd.amn" he continues to shout profanities, while trying to catch his breath, he puts out the dead joint tossing it on the ground.

He laughs to himself before sitting on an old chair that his dad threw out here a while back and has been used has a break chair.

"Ah! There you are!" Austin doesn't shout but says loud enough to cause Louis to jump up.

"What are you doing here?" Louis stands up, clearing his throat a few more times, stepping closer to his dad.

"Can't you go one day without smoking?" Austin rolls his eyes, shaking his head.

Louis laughs and shrugs, crossing his arms over his chest.

"What did you want?"

"We need to have a talk"

"About?" Louis raises an eyebrow, leaning against the brick wall, looking to his feet.

"Har-"

"Nope" Louis laughs coldly shaking his head starting to walk away "there's no reason for us to talk about him"

"You can't date your coworker, Louis" Austin sighs stepping in front of his fleeing son.

"Then I'll quit" Louis scoffs, shaking his head heading towards the back door.

"Quit this job and I'll quit paying your bills" Austin shouts right as Louis slams the door shut.

"A.sshole" Louis mumbles to himself making his way back up to the front. He doesn't know what to be more pissed about the fact his high is almost gone or the news his dad gave him.

Louis keeps his eyes to the ground walking into the kitchen to look for food, high might as well be gone but he was still hungry.

"Dude watch out, we kinda need the kitchen to be clear" One of the day shift cooks say, Louis was confused as to why he was even here so late.

"Aren't you only day time?" Louis doesn't look at the cook instead continues to make his food.

"I switched, now please move we have orders"

"Where's Harry?" Louis continues to ignore his words.

"I don't know who that is nor do I really care" The cook scoffs before just stepping closer to Louis to nudge him to the side.

"You know the boss is here right?" Louis perks up at the familiar voice, turning his head to find the curly headed boy walking into the kitchen.

"Well he won't move so I can make these orders" the day shift cook or Shane, scoffed motioning to Louis.

"Well in that case you do this" Harry giggles before walking in front of Louis before pushing his back by his shoulders.

The other two cooks stare in confusion as well as Shane, at Harry's actions.

Louis stumbles slightly but catches himself, shaking his head and laughing before moving Harry back to his previous spot.

"Lucky you're cute"

Hey! so sorry it has taken so long for an update. Double update tonight? Also anyone interested in Louis' backstory that caused him to become like this? (;